: A rival character becomes more of a threat to the hero.
- Straight: Nego was a Worthy Opponent of Ichigo until he made a turn for the worst.
- Exaggerated: Nego was a rival to Ichigo, but turns into a psychopathic foe killing thousands of innocents.
- Downplayed: Nego was a Friendly Rival to Ichigo, but then becomes a bitter one.
- Nego was tired of being surpassed by Ichigo and turns to the dark side to make himself stronger than him.
- Nego was getting sick of Ichigo ignoring him, and sides with the villains just so he can take him more seriously.
- Nego feels that his (grudging) respect for Ichigo has made him weak.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Nego remains an honorable rival.
- Enforced: "We need more enemies for Ichigo. How about we turn Nego evil?"
- Lampshaded: "I don't believe you, Nego! You went from my greatest opponent to my worst enemy!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Nego refuses to give in to the dark side and remains an honorable opponent for Ichigo.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Rival Turned Evil