: A character becoming a tragic monster
tries to resist the murderous instincts that come with the change, but usually not for long.
- Straight: Bill is slowly turning into a viscious wereshark, and is trying to hold back the Unstoppable Rage.
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: Bill notices he is starting to become a total Jerkass, but can't stop himself no matter how hard he tries.
- Justified: Bill is close to people he cares about and doesn't want to hurt them.
- Inverted: Bill's pet shark is in a humanity ensues situation tries to resist human urges.
- Subverted: The character feels themselves change, and gathers up all their heroic willpower to resist the beast, until … nothing. Their original mind remains perfectly intact.
- Double Subverted: ...but then begins the Slow Transformation anew.
- A character who becomes a werewolf tries in vain to resist his animalistic urges to … chase his tail and play fetch.
- Bill is turned into a wererabbit, and now is permanently struggling against his Horror Hunger!... For copious amounts of carrots!!
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bill becomes a wereshark - be it voluntary or involuntary, permanently or otherwise - but his human mind was never at risk of being lost to any kind of primal instinct.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Resist The Beast