Playing With: Naked on Arrival
Basic Trope: A character's first appearance onscreen is without a stitch of clothing.
Back to Naked on Arrival
- Straight: Alice is found out inside a sealed capsule. When it is opened, the group is kinda shocked to found out she's nude.
- Downplayed: Alice arrives wearing no clothing but carrying a bag that has clothes in it, which she puts on immediately.
- Alice was transported using a device that doesn't allow more that one object / being to be sent at a time.
- She's being cloned. Since her clothes aren't part of her, they don't appear.
- Alice is a nudist
- Alice was just born this moment - she's a baby.
- Alice's species don't wear clothes and haven't had prior contact with Earth to know clothes are expected there.
- Alice was the only person fully dressed when she met with her comrades.
- Alice has No Nudity Taboo, and her arrival is the only time she wears clothes (presumably because it's kind of cold outside).
- Subverted: When Alice's capsule is opened, she's wearing a concealing full body-suit.
- Double Subverted: ...However, this attire crumbles to dust as it comes in contact with air.
- Parodied: Charly and Bob sneak into Alice's home and find her au naturel. "Hey, nice outfit Alice!". But she responds: "This lame suit? I cannot stand it any longer, so I'll just get rid of it". Then she gets rips her "skin" to reveal a giant alien monster! "HOLY COW!"
- Zig Zagged: Alice arrives naked, but only because she promptly strips her clothes off upon arrival. It turns out she is from a nudity colony where that sort of behavior is considered polite. Then we learn that no else did that in her home colony... Alice was just a bit off her rockers.
- Averted: All characters are fully clothed on their introduction.
- "This scene was suggested as a way to attract the Periphery Demographic. It's also a bit too long, but that's because there's nothing like it on the rest of the series."
- "As weird as it sounds, it was Alice's actress the one who suggested this scene! She's rather proud of her beautiful figure, and who could blame her?"
- Lampshaded: "As if you haven't seen yourself with this look before. Yeesh! Just throw me a jacket or something, shall you?"
- Invoked: As an infiltrated agent, Alice intentionally shows up this way during her first encounter with the heroes to appears a vulnerable and helpless individual.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Having found out their teleporting device cannot sent extra equipment along with the traveler, the scientists behind it decide to correct this down-side before sending Alice through it.
- Discussed: "Wow! This reminds of the occasion we ended up naked because of those cabaret girls" "Please, don't EVER remind me of that incident"
- Conversed: "The problem with first impressions is that you only can have one" "Say what you want about it bro, but that's a hell of a first impression!"
- Deconstructed: As she founds herself disrobed and confused, Alice makes her way through an hostile environment that severily harms her unprotected body, until she founds out a group of people shocked by her unconventional state and that don't do anything to help her. To make things worse, Alice's first exposed appearance happened to occur in a culture were public nudity is a great taboo, so she's judged as a criminal despite her attempts to justify herself.
- Reconstructed: Alice is found out in the buff by a group of delinquents with nasty plans for her. It turns out they should have thought it better, because she proceed to kick the living hell out of them. Then she takes their boots, their clothes, one of their motorcycles (and perhaps a "trophy" or two) and get away with style.
- Played For Laughs: Alice is invited to an hotel to give a conference. She decides to take a shower before it, but something happens and she ends up naked and locked out of her hotel room. A long sequence ensues where she uses all kinds of tricks and objects to hide her nudity, all while avoid other people. She ends up in a dark room, thinking she has found a safe spot; but a curtain is lifted and she founds herself in an auditorium, in front of the audience that came to the conference!
- Played For Drama: Alice is found out on this vulnerable state by a nefarious individual that uses this chance to beat her into submission before trying to abuse her. However, Alice's friends show up just in time to stop and beat-up the bastard. The incident lefts serious emotional scars on her, though.
Back to Naked on Arrival