: Two characters meet and instantly fall in love.
- Straight: Princess Alice of Tropetopia and Sir Bob, brave Knight in Shining Armor, meet one day and fall madly in love.
- Exaggerated: Princess Alice has a habit of falling in love with every single man she sees.
- Downplayed: ???
- Count Charlie has put them under a spell as part of his Evil Plan.
- Alice and Bob are both beautiful, and looks are the beginning of a relationship... most of the time.
- Subverted: Princess Alice and Sir Bob meet eyes and stare at each other as soft romantic background music is playing...then they shrug and go their separate ways.
- Double Subverted: ...only to turn around and declare undying love to each other.
- Zig Zagged: Princess Alice and Sir Bob meet eyes and stare at each other as soft romantic background music is playing...then they shrug and go their separate ways...only to turn around and declare undying love to each other, then it turns that both of them had met before this incident and pretended to fall in love at first sight for political reasons. Then it's revealed that they both had love at first sight but kept it well hidden.
- Princess Alice and Sir Bob barely notice each other.
- Princess Alice and Sir Bob do not have any particularly strong feelings for each other when they first meet, but later get together.
- Enforced: "We need these two to fall in love over the space of one episode".
- Lampshaded: "Wow, we fell in love at first sight. That is so corny".
- Invoked: Sir Bob spends all day walking around looking at strangers, waiting to fall in love with someone.
- Exploited: Alice is a manipulative shrew that convinces men to fall in love with her at first sight so she can steal their assets and dump them.
- Defied: "Of course I'm not in love with that person I just looked at! There's no such thing as love at first sight!"
- Discussed: "I can see that our princess and that knight are attracted to each other. Strange, considering that they haven't exchanged a single word yet".
- Conversed: "Have you ever noticed that people in these shows always seem to be in love five seconds after seeing each other?"
- Princess Alice marries Sir Bob after falling in love, they get married, and their marriage is miserable because they are both too innocent and idealistic to make a real relationship work. They break up and are left in tears with their life in shambles.
- Alice and Bob turn out to be long-lost siblings. (Explanation)
- However, because they're so in love with each other, they work hard to make sure that their relationship actually works, so they're able to avoid the various pitfalls of Love at First Sight.
- But they don't mind.
Back to Love at First Sight