: A person gambles away his/her loved ones.
- Straight: During a poker game, Bob bets his wife Alice.
- Exaggerated: And throws in their three children, the house, the dog, and all their possessions.
- Downplayed: Bob doesn't bet people, but he does bet his dog.
- Bob doesn't bet his buddies Alice forever.
- The other players don't accept the bet.
- Bob already has a royal flush, so he gets to keep Alice
- Alice pleads with the other players to accept someone or something else in her place.
- Bob doesn't bet any people.
- Bob bets a loved one as a joke. Everyone knows this and doesn't take the bet seriously.
- Alice is actually an inanimate object.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Bob wins Alice in this way, and loses her to a poker champ in Vegas, in less than 24 hours.
- Zig Zagged: Bob already has a royal flush, so he gets to keep Alice. But then Bob's luck takes a turn for the worse, but he figures out that that's because the winner cheated. His luck then takes a genuine turn for the worse.
- Averted: Bob doesn't place any bets.
- Enforced: "Let's show just how much of a Jerk Ass Bob is!"
- Lampshaded: "I bet my hot wife, Alice."
- Invoked: Bob is so confident in his winning potential that he bets the one he loves the most: Alice.
- Exploited: Charles has a crush on Alice, and cajoles Bob into betting her.
- Defied: Bob feels that this is a Moral Event Horizon crossover, and doesn't do this, betting only money.
- Discussed: "Hey, if you're so confident with your hand Bob, then why don't you bet your wife? Hahaha!"
- Conversed: "Oh wow, you're really going to do it? Uh... so... how long will I keep her?"
- Deconstructed: Alice gets no say in this, and is reduced to a MacGuffin Girl, rather than a human being.
- Reconstructed: Bob wins.
- Played For Laughs:
- Alice is a Gonk
- Alice is happy to go away with the winner, who treats her a hell of a lot better than Bob does.
- Played For Drama: The winner feels he is entitled to sex with Alice and rapes her.
If you go back to Lost Him in a Card Game
, I'll throw in my hot wife, too.