Playing With: Kawaiiko
Basic Trope: Someone who takes the concept of Japanese cuteness to an extreme. Usually female.
Back to Kawaiiko
- Straight: Ichigo is an energetic Cute Witch with spiral-shaped Girlish Pigtails, huge Green Eyes, and a tendency to giggle and Cat Smile. She also loves strawberries, naturally.
- Exaggerated: On top of all of that, she's got a full wardrobe of Pimped Out Dresses, has lots of sparkly magic, and a constant Verbal Tic, desu.
- Downplayed: Ichigo's clothes are generally pastel and she often wears Hair Decorations. She acts cheerful and polite most of the time.
- Justified: Ichigo is deliberately attempting to invoke every cute trope she can.
- Ichigo does not fit with the concept of cute.
- Ichigo manages to be cute while inverting and/or avoiding a lot of tropes that are usually associated with cuteness, especially Japan's idea of cute.
- It is agknowledged that Ichigo has a lot of "kawaii" traits, yet she is portrayed as ugly or at least not-so-cute.
- Gender Inverted: "Ichigo" is actually a Gender-Blender Name; he's a guy.
- Double Subverted: ...To be more precise, she's a Little Miss Badass who looks and acts adorable.
- Parodied: The over-the-top cutesy Ichigo abruptly appears in a series where the cast reacts with utter horror to her.
- Zig Zagged:
- Ichigo looks cute and cuddly, but is also a Fiery Redhead Little Miss Badass who plays up her sweet image around others but isn't afraid to shatter it completely when fighting. Merchandise for the series focuses solely on her cuteness at first, but gradually evolves into painting her as a Badass Adorable, underplaying her temper and darker side even as it takes a larger role in the actual series.
- Ichigo switches between being extremely Moe and utterly insane.
- Ichigo is not cute at all.
- Ichigo is cute, but not in any overt manner.
- Enforced: "Oh, sure, Ichigo's cute already, but let's crank it Up to Eleven!"
- Lampshaded: "Geez, I just realized Ichigo has everything on my Checklist of Cuteness!"
- Invoked: Ichigo puts on overly cutesy airs because she knows how people respond to that.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Okay, so because I'm a young girl, I'm supposed to be over-the-top adorable? Screw that!"
- Discussed: "Oh please. Kids like that don't exist in Real Life. (Beat.) Except for Ichigo."
- Conversed: "This girl is way too cute! It's annoying!"
- Deconstructed: Ichigo is Not Allowed to Grow Up and must stick to her overly-cute image, putting her under severe psychological strain and causing others to discount her opinion, as she's Just a Kid.
- Reconstructed: Ichigo doesn't care what others think of her; she acts cute because that's what she likes. The idea that others find her charming because of this is just a pleasant side-effect.
- Played For Laughs: Ichigo's over-the-top cuteness gets on the nerves of her rival Budou; Ichigo either isn't aware of this or deliberately acts even sweeter around her just to be irritating.
- Played For Drama: Ichigo is just pretending to be this way. And then she snaps.
Back to Kawaiiko