Playing With: Incendiary Exponent
: A character does something Badass
while on fire.
- Straight: Bob is set on fire by his opponent, but continues fighting.
- Exaggerated: Bob is shot at with a bazooka, but comes flying out of the fireball, delivering a haymaker to his attacker's jaw, and continues the rest of the action sequence ablaze.
- Downplayed: A suit designed to emit fire is used by bob to fight an enemy that needs cold to survive, Bob ends up fighting the enemy while the effects set in.
- Bob's adrenaline is pumping, and there is no way to extinguish himself nearby, so he prioritizes defeating his opponent before putting out the fire.
- Bob is Nigh Invulnerable, so being set ablaze really isn't an issue for him.
- Fire doesn't mean "burning" to bob, it allows him to unleash all his strength.
- The air being fought in is different, so rather then oxygen burning it's another substance meaning that the fire is not just heat being released.
- Inverted: Bob keeps fighting, even though his skin has been frozen.
- Subverted: Bob is set on fire, strikes a menacing pose, then freaks out because he's on fire.
- Double Subverted: ...but his opponent points a gun to his head while he's on the ground, and he forces himself to fight back despite the fire.
- Parodied: Bob does something completely mundane while on fire.
- Zig Zagged: Bob gets set on fire, but jumps into water before doing any fighting. When he gets back out to fight again, his enemy has caught fire somehow, and continues fighting while ablaze. Bob ends up on fire again from his enemy's flaming punches, but he knocks his opponent into the water, then jumps in again.
- Averted: Bob doesn't catch fire at any point.
- Enforced: "The Fight Scene is good, but we need something special, something to make it a little more exciting." "Let's light Bob on fire, that always looks cool."
- Lampshaded: "Bob, you do realize you're on fucking fire, right?"
- Invoked: Bob wears a full-body fireproof suit underneath a flammable one, allowing him to set himself on fire safely, which will look awesome and intimidating.
- Exploited: One of Bob's foe's lures him into a TNT-filled area, where his flammable ways will backfire against him.
- Defied: Bob realizes that that's a really reckless idea, and opts for just the fireproof suit.
- Discussed: "Bob, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" "Why? I just punched him out and- OH HOLY SHIT I'M ON FIRE!"
- Conversed: "Is it even possible to keep fighting while your entire body is burning?" "I don't know, but it looked awesome."
- Deconstructed: Bob suffers from severe third degree burns and nerve damage, as well as hideous physical scarring and the loss of his nose, ears, hair, and several fingers. It's implied there was extensive damage done to his genitals, too. He won the fight while on fire, but his Badass days are over.
For added effect, set your computer on fire before clicking the link back to Incendiary Exponent