: The hero wants to have a normal life instead of being granted with responsibility
- Straight: Hiro uses his superpowers to save lives, but longs to have a normal life.
- Exaggerated: Hiro uses his superpowers to save lives and destroy ultra-powerful beings, but wishes he was anything but a superhero.
- Downplayed: Hiro is usually happy with his powers, but when being a hero is at its hardest, he dreams of a normal life.
- Hiro hasn't been able to function his life as a human being for quite a while.
- Being a hero takes a heavy toll on Hiro (i.e., he had to lose some of his friends along the way as well as do things that the citizens will hate him for).
- Hiro is used to being an ordinary person.
- Hiro isn't used to social situations.
- Inverted: Hiro is a normal human being and wants to be a superhero.
- Subverted: Hiro actually gets to be normal...and finds that he'd rather be special.
- Double Subverted: Can't Stay Normal
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Hiro doesn't wish that his life was normal.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "You wish you were a human being instead of a hero, don't you?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz picks up on Hiro's desire to be normal, and ends up convincing him to quit being a superhero. Cue world domination.
- Hiro doesn't long for normality and proudly continues serving for the greater good.
- Hiro tries to look on the bright side of his job as a hero.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Hiro desperately wishes to be normal... and so he does just that, abandoning all the people who depended on him for safety.
- Hiro is chewed out for being unappreciative of how special he is.
Back to I Just Want to Be Normal