: A big strong guy speaks using short, simple sentences.
- Straight: Hubert, The Big Guy, speaks using a very simple dialect.
- Exaggerated: Hubert speaks using monosyllabic grunts - and that's when he's feeling particularly talkative.
- Downplayed: Hubert speaks another language well, but prefers to keep things short in English for simplicity's sake.
- He spent a lot of time developing his body, not his brain.
- Hubert is a Funny Animal.
- Inverted: A big, huge guy is also a very eloquent scholar.
- "What? You expected me to speak like a simpleton, didn't you?"
- Hubert is a Funny Animal, and is actually quite eloquent in his own language, just not in human language.
- Double Subverted: "...uh, that only thing Hubert know how to say."
- Parodied: The guy who speaks in Hulk Speak is also a published novelist in his own words.
- Zig Zagged: "You expected me to speak like a buffoon, didn't you? ...Well... uh... that only sentence Hubert know how to say good. ...Fooled you, didn't I?"
- Averted: He's by no means eloquent, but he understands basic sentence structure.
- Enforced: "I'm tired of writing dialogue for all these different characters. Isn't there some sort of shortcut I can use?"
- Lampshaded: "This is Hubert. He doesn't talk too much."
- Invoked: The same thing that gave him his power also drained a lot of his intellect, leaving him unable to form all but the simplest sentences.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: He ensures that he trains his brain as well as his body.
- Discussed: "I just had the best conversation with Hubert." "...Really?"
- Conversed: "...Yup, the big guy can only speak in short, simple sentences."
- Deconstructed: The Hulk Speak is indicative of his lack of intelligence. When his muscular body is no more use, he's completely useless to the team.
- Reconstructed: However, he finds some other way to cope.
Big page here!
Press button, go back!