: The hero is one step ahead of weapon fire.
- Straight: Bob runs across the room. Emperor Evulz shoots at him from the middle of the room, but only hits the wall behind him.
- Exaggerated: Bob walks across the room, slowly and casually. Emperor Evulz and his small army of Mooks, all equipped with More Dakka, hit the wall behind him.
- Downplayed: Evulz corrects his aim after a few missed shots, forcing Bob to dive at the end to survive.
- Evulz is using a slowly-traversing turret.
- Evulz is concentrating on aiming and firing his gun rather than noticing that he's behind Bob.
- Inverted: Evulz overcompensates and leads Bob excessively, shooting the wall in front of him.
- Subverted: The shakycam shows the wall full of bullet holes behind Bob as it pans towards him... then shows Bob running with bullet holes hitting around him, and then a bullet headed straight for Bob...
- Double Subverted: The bullet goes right through Bob's afterimage.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Evulz's mounted gun won't be a problem. We could probably walk right past him and he'd still only hit behind us."
- Invoked: Evulz's mounted gun is sabotaged, in particular its rotation speed.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Evulz is Genre Savvy enough to Lead The Target
- Discussed: "And Bob outruns the bullets again..."
- Conversed: "Because bullets travel that slowly, and it's that hard to fix your aim? Bob should have died..."
- Deconstructed: Reality Ensues and Bob gets swiss-cheese-ified.
- Bob learns from Emperor Evulz to Lead The Target.
- Emperor Evulz improve his turrets.
Back to Hero Tracking Failure