: It is impossible to coexist with the enemy, they must be exterminated for humanity to survive.
- Straight: The Frib are obsessively dedicated to the extermination of humanity, and must be wiped out to keep them from succeeding.
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: The Frib cannot be negotiated with, but can be contained without exterminating them.
- Justified: The Frib were created specifically to destroy humanity.
- Inverted: The Frib are symbiotes that humans cannot live without.
- Subverted: The Frib and humanity both badly misunderstand each other. Once lines of communication are opened, the war ends quickly.
- Double Subverted: ...but this is just a ruse intended to lull humanity into a false sense of security.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: The writers need to have a dangerous threat to humanity, but don't want to think much about ethics or the chance of a peaceful resolution.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Even though they are extremely dangerous, human scientists find a way to make the Frib lose interest in exterminating humanity.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The Frib civilization nearly collapses because they are too focused on such a difficult and impractical goal.
- Reconstructed: ...but the rest of the galactic civilization supports them, because they consider humanity to be a threat.
Back to Guilt-Free Extermination War