Playing With: Gender Equals Breed
: The offspring of an Interspecies Romance
or two distinct breeds/subspecies has the sons the same as their fathers and the daughters the same as their mothers.
- Straight: Bob is a raccoon married to Alice, a skunk. Their daughter Claire is a skunk, and their son Dave is a raccoon.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob have 12 babies; 6 male raccoons and 6 female skunks who are basically clones of their respective parents in every way.
- Downplayed: Claire is a skunk, but she has a few of her father's traits.
- Justified: Alice and Bob both belong to One Gender Races, or have Bizarre Sexual Dimorphism that can look like this trope.
- Inverted: Claire is a raccoon and Dave is a skunk.
- Alice and Bob learn that their child is going to be male and believe he will be a raccoon, but when he's born, he's black with white stripes.
- Claire and Dave are both skunks.
- Double Subverted: Because the doctors got the gender wrong.
- Parodied: Dave is a skunk, but Alice and Bob refer to him as female and buy him pink clothes.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice and Bob don't have offspring.
- Alice and Bob have multiple children, with males and females of both raccoons and skunks.
- Claire and Dave are Patchwork Kids, making them raccoon-skunk hybrids.
- "We're not putting some kind of raccoon-skunk hybrid in our show, that's too weird! Just make the boys raccoons and the girls skunks like their parents."
- The artists don't want to have to design a bunch of brand new characters, so they just make the children smaller versions of their parents.
- Lampshaded: "Awww, Dave looks just like his Daddy!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice and Bob are both raccoons. Or skunks.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Since males and females look very different, this opens up discrimination and hate crime within the civilization.
Back to Gender Equals Breed