: A character's future self
irritates and/or freaks them out.
- Straight: Bob, the Plucky Comic Relief, is disturbed by his Future Badass self.
- Exaggerated: Bob, an All-Loving Hero, is utterly repulsed by his future self's Complete Monster tendencies.
- Downplayed: Bob doesn't like his future self's habit of smoking.
- Justified: Bob is a pacifist, so seeing himself give this trait up so haphazardly freaks him out.
- Bob is disturbed by his Future Badass self... but another Bob from later on shows up, and it turns out he's back to being comic relief.
- Bob is disturbed by his future self at first, but then he starts to get to know his future self a little bit better and he actually kind of likes the new him.
- Or Bob is freaked out about being a Future Badass, but then he realizes the more awesome aspects of it and calms down.
- Double Subverted:
- And then another Bob from even later shows up; he's back to being a Future Badass.
- And it turns out, the new him was just lying to Bob to make him seem more trustworthy/likable. Past Bob find this out and doesn't like him anymore.
- Parodied: Bob, a Complete Monster, is utterly repulsed by the slight pitch change in his Messiah-like future self's voice.
- Zig Zagged: Future versions of several characters are shown: the Granola Girl became a Well-Intentioned Extremist, the Jerk Jock became a Future Loser, and the Cloud Cuckoolander didn't really change at all; each with different reactions that accompanies said changes.
- Future Bob is more or less the same.
- He doesn't show any disturbance whatsoever and listens to his future self's warning.
- Enforced: "We need some drama in this time-travel scene!"
- Lampshaded: "I know you're scared of me, Past Bob..."
- Invoked: Bob openly looks for qualities he hates in case he ever meets his future self.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz sets up circumstances to make Present Bob infuriated at Future Bob.
- "Screw it, my future self is actually pretty cool!"
- Bob is a little weirded out by his Future Badass self, but he tries to look on the bright side of things.
- Discussed: "A time machine? Oh no. What if I turn out to be evil?!"
- Conversed: "You'd think Bob would be excited about how cool his future self is."
You can go back to my main version if you want
, but he's kinda scary.