Playing With: Featureless Protagonist
: Ageless Faceless Gender Neutral Culturally Ambiguous Adventure Person.
- Straight: You can choose the MC's face, name, species and gender.
- Exaggerated: The Five-Man Band change their jobs with the Job System. The only thing they have of their own are their names, which you chose using the Hello, Insert Name Here mechanic, and their genders.
- Downplayed: The hero has a few features that are constant, such as being tan from the place they live or having scars from battle, but the rest of it is up to the player.
- It's supposed to make it feel like the main characters are your army/friends/children.
- The player character is a shapeshifter of some sorts, so he/she/it doesn't have a clearly defined appearance.
- Inverted: You can't chose much about the game because of Railroading.
- Subverted: They're not the real heroes. They're a group the heroes brought together to help them on a dangerous mission.
- Double Subverted: You can pick the heroes too - you can also make more groups like that.
- Each one is literally an Artificial Human made by their "adoptive father", each from the DNA of his dead quintuplets. This also explains why they're identical except possibly in gender.
- Their species change with the jobs, by the same process the Job System works.
- Zig Zagged: Some groups you can use are preset, some aren't.
- You can't pick anything about the heroes.
- Your choices for making/introducing the heroes are limited to the most basic of things such as gender and name.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The heroes use their Adaptive Ability to trump over situations that would be far more difficult for a conventional adventurer.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to FeaturelessProtagonist