: An evil character laughs evilly
in light of a recent triumph.
- Straight: Lord Bloodstone lets out a booming laugh now that he's caught the hero in his lair.
- Exaggerated: Lord Bloodstone laughs evilly at everything that easily pleases/amuses him.
- Downplayed: Lord Bloodstone lets out a minor chuckle after catching the hero in his lair.
- Lord Bloodstone cannot laugh any other way due to heavily practicing his laugh, which stuck after years of use.
- Lord Bloodstone is batshit insane.
- Lord Bloodstone is a Genre Savvy Card-Carrying Villain who does this because it's what an evil villain would do.
- Subverted: Lord Bloodstone's laugh turns out to be feeble and comical, despite him being so powerful and evil.
- Double Subverted:
- Except Lord Bloodstone wasn't really trying that time and later lets loose a powerful evil cackle.
- Lord Bloodstone's laugh starts out as a pathetic, pitiful chortle, that slowly builds up into a full-scale, terrifying maniacal giggle.
- The evil laugh is used whenever Lord Bloodstone completes the most mundane task, such as making toast.
- Conversely, Lord Bloodstone's evil laugh can go unabated for several minutes. The hero may even look at his watch or ask Lord Bloodstone if he's done yet.
- Alternatively, "Muahahahahaa—* Cough cough* "
- Lord Bloodstone's evil laugh gives the hero plenty of time to stab him.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes, Lord Bloodstone doesn't feel up to using the evil laugh.
- Averted: Lord Bloodstone is The Stoic, feeling that showing no emotion at all has a greater effect on others.
- Enforced: "We need to give the villain a really good evil laugh."
- "And now, since I'm feeling so good right now, my Evil Laugh!"
- "My evil plan is going perfectly! Hey, can somebody pass the laughing gas?"
- "Haha, oh sometimes you've just got to laugh at this stuff."
- "Glad you're enjoying your villainy, sir.."
- The hero pauses after Lord Bloodstone's massive speech, giving Lord Bloodstone an idea of what he's expecting.
- An Evil Laugh is very important for a traditional Evil Overlord, so Lord Bloodstone decides to indulge in some.
- Exploited: Lord Bloodstone lets out a long Evil Laugh after cornering the hero, during which the hero stabs him.
- Defied: Lord Bloodstone has read the Evil Overlord List and has paid close attention to Item #20.
- Discussed: "Wait for it. (Beat) There we go!"
- Conversed: "How long do you think this guy took to come up with that laugh?"
- See parodied 4.
- Lord Bloodstone's laugh makes those around him think he had lost his sanity.
- Which he probaly has.
- Lord Bloodstone's laugh is actually a magically-enhanced sonic weapon which gives the hero a lot of trouble.
- Alternatively, Lord Bloodstone's laugh unnerves people greatly, which only encourages him to indulge in it more, occasionally laughing just to screw with people's minds.
- Alternatively again, his laugh is a feint, making it seem like he's not paying attention. He gets attacked during this time and he easily counters (whilst still laughing because they fell for his trap).
! All your back buttons are belong to us