It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Playing With: Dead Weight
: A fat zombie.
- Straight: Bob is turned into a zombie, who is a little on the portly side.
- Downplayed: Bob is Hollywood Pudgy at worst
- Bob has been feasting on flesh.. Aand lots of it
- Bob's zombification process involved putrification, which led to gases building up and making him look bloated.
- Bob was rather chubby before he became a zombie, and there's no reason for fat people to be immune to zombification.
- Bob is a Mook Maker: he is a containment chamber for smaller creatures that spread the infection. (Think the squid things in Halo or the Swarmers in Dead Space.)
- Bob is a very skinny zombie.
- Justified Inversion — The zombification is caused by The Virus, and those tend to waste the poor guy to skin-and-bones before killing and zombifying him.
- Bob appears no fatter than any other zombies around.
- The visible portions of his skeleton prove that Bob really is just big-boned.
- Double Subverted: But after eating plenty of Brain Food, he gains a substantial amount of weight
- No fat zombies
- No zombies, period.
- Enforced: A character played by a fat actor is zombified, but he's popular enough that he sticks around for a while as Dead Weight.
- Lampshaded: "Just what we need, an undead sumo wrestler."
- Invoked: Bob's nonstop feasting on flesh causes him to gain weight.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob doesn't eat too much and doesn't gain weight.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Between the Zombie Gait and the weight, Bob is slow. Too slow to be a threat to anyone.
- Reconstructed: Bob was Acrofatic and/or had Stout Strength before he died, and death has not robbed him of athleticism. He's strong and/or fast as hell and super hard to put down, and is more dangerous than any skinny zombie.
- Played For Laughs:
- Bob is carrying around a KFC bucket full of human body parts and munching on them constantly.
- Fat or Hollywood Pudgy zombies are seen attempting to follow a workout video.
- Played For Drama:
You know, you seem to have put on a few pounds since you turned into a zombie...