Playing With: Creepy Crows
aka: Ravens And Crows
Basic Trope: Corvids are disturbing, if not outright evil.
Back to Creepy Crows
- Straight: Corvax, a Talking Animal raven, is the leader of a flock of crow Mooks, or is a Big Bad somehow helped by a corvid.
- Exaggerated: All corvids, including less sinister ones like magpies and jays, are Always Chaotic Evil.
- Corvids show up when something bad is about to happen or just afterwards but aren't responsible for said events.
- Corvids are scavengers, but aren't portrayed as bad, just hungry.
- Justified: The ravens/crows are motivated by their scavenging habits or are hanging around waiting for someone to die.
- Inverted: A setting where ravens and crows are incredibly heroic and righteous guile heroes who use their cunning and ingenuity to help others.
- Double Subverted: ...but he's secretly a mole for Team Evil Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Parodied: All corvids are Card Carrying Villains prone to burst into spontaneous and elaborate musical numbers, and all other birds are overly sweet and innocent.
- Zig Zagged: But some corvids help The Hero, since they don't like the Big Bad.
- Averted: Corvids are treated like any other bird species, and are True Neutral.
- Enforced: The other corvids join Team Evil willingly.
- Lampshaded: "Why is it that whenever ravens or crows are around, something bad happens?"
- Invoked: "We need a scary bird on Team Evil. Let's use a raven. Dark Is Evil, right?"
- Exploited: Corvax is a Hero with Bad Publicity, using his scary reputation to keep an eye on the villains who do their various deeds in the night.
- Defied: "Just because I can change into a raven doesn't mean I'm creepy or evil!"
- Discussed: "That man has a raven following him. He must be evil."
- Conversed: "Is that a crow or a raven?" "Doesn't matter, both are creepy."
- Deconstructed: The Big Bad is aided in his evildoing by ravens and crows, who turn out to be relatively innocent or Good All Along and brainwashed or tricked into helping the Big Bad.
- Reconstructed: The Big Bad was being controlled by his raven or crow companions the whole time, and they're actually the villainous ones.
Back to Creepy Crows