: A Rated M for Manly
character is hairy.
- Straight: Bob Badass has a hairy chest visible during his Shirtless Scene.
- Bob is covered by a thick pelt everywhere.
- Bob is so covered in hair, he's practically a Wolf Man.
- Downplayed: Bob's chest is hairy, though not unrealistically so.
- Justified: Bob is much older than the rest of the male cast that consists primarily of teenagers and very young adults.
- Bob Badass has a smooth chest, though the rest of his body is very hairy.
- Bob has a hairy chest, but he's very sensitive and Weaksauce Weakness personified.
- Gender Inverted: Alice is a very hairy woman, which she may or may not feel self-conscious about.
- Double Subverted:
- Bob is mistaken for Bigfoot because he's so hairy.
- Bob feels self-conscious, as body hair goes out of style, and heads to a salon for Painful Body Waxing.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob is a smooth-chested Bishounen
- Enforced: "We need to show that this guy is so Badass that he sweats testosterone! Let's give him a nice chest rug!"
- Lampshaded: "Bob, could you put a sweater on or something? That chest rug of yours is too pornographic for my eyes."
- Invoked: Bob starts taking anabolic steroids, and this is an unintended side effect.
- Exploited: After an extended Shower Scene, Bob becomes Mr. Fanservice.
- Defied: Bob doesn't like body hair, and so removes it.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: As body hair goes out of style, Bob gets teased for being hairy.
Back to Carpet of Virility
and furrow your fingers in the manliness.