: A female character has an attractive body, but as for the face...
- Straight: Alice is a female with a pleasant body, but is unattractive in the face.
- While her body's not much more attractive than anybody else's, most still have two reasons not to look at her face while talking to her.
- Alice has a pleasant body, but her face is plain-looking if not outright hideous.
- Justified: Alice was a former Ms. Fanservice Action Girl who had her face smashed in during a fight.
- Inverted: Alice has an unpleasant body shape, but a hot face.
- Gender Inverted: Bob has the best male physique in the series, but his face is gonky.
- Subverted: Alice has plastic surgery.
- Double Subverted: ... which goes terribly wrong.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Everybody has different tastes: as the story is told from the first-person POV and by different people, Alice's attractiveness varies on the narrator.
- Alice is beautiful in both the body and face.
- Or just plain Gonk all over.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "How could she get the genes for a cute bod but the genes for an ugly face at the same time?!
- Invoked: Alice, who has been pursued by all kinds of men (most importantly lecherous) through her life because of her body, mutilates her own face.
- Exploited: See Invoked.
- Defied: "So what if she doesn't have a pretty face? I still wanna bang her hot body."
- Discussed: "Why do women look hot in the body, but not in the face?"
- Conversed: "How many times do the writers think they can pull that off without being unrealistic?! There's always a link between the face's beauty and the body's, isn't there?"
Back to Butter Face