: A character gets so frightened that they urinate or defecate in their trousers.
- Straight: While hiking in the woods, Bob runs into a grizzly bear. Bob is so scared that he craps his pants.
- Alice startles Bob; Bob has explosive diarrhea.
- Aliens begin to invade the world, everybody, everywhere simultaneously craps theirselves.
- Bob runs into a grizzly bear, he is a little frightened and farts.
- Bob suffers a Potty Emergency due to fear.
- Bob is a child.
- Bob has a medical problem.
- Truth in Television, voiding one's bowels is an appropriate response to being very scared.
- Bob scares off a bear by crapping his pants.
- Bob frightens off a bear by yelling and screaming, in his excitement he accidentally craps his pants.
- Bob vomits when afraid.
- Bob has a nervous tic that causes him to excessively eat whenever he is frightened.
- Bob's a superhero whose butt sucks up feces whenever he experiences intense fear.
- Bob constipates when he's afraid.
- Subverted: It's well known that Bob has a bowel-control problem and whenever he experiences an intense emotion, he has a tendency to either defecate or urinate on himself. One day, while hiking in the woods with Alice, they run into a Grizzly bear that growls and roars to them. They are both very frightened and run away:
Bob (panting): "Wow, that was close!"
Alice(also panting): "Yeah, we were almost bear food! Here, I got your extra pair of pants in my backpack."
Bob: "Oh, thanks, wait..." (Feels his butt.) "I don't need them."
Alice (confused): "You didn't crap your pants?"
Bob (excited): "I didn't crap my pants!"
- Double Subverted:
- Bob is so excited that he didn't crap his pants, he craps his pants.
Bob: "Dammit. Pass me those pants."
- Alice then reveals that she is the one that needs a change of clothes.
Alice (embarrassed): Well, I guess that makes one of us. (gets out some some clothes from her backpack)
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Regardless of the situation, Bob has excellent mastery over his bowels and bladder.
- Enforced: The writers of a kid show want to have a very frightening villain while still keeping the tone light-hearted.
"Um, Bob, did you crap your pants?" Bob:
"...Yeah. I did. I sorta have problem with shitting myself when I get scared." Alice:
"Is that why you're always wearing brown pants? I just thought that you had a poor fashion sense." Bob:
"Pretty much." Alice:
"Well I'm busy, so don't invite me." Bob:
"What? Invite you to what?" Alice:
"To the potty
in your pants."
- Invoked: Alice is a teacher with a grudge against her student Bob. Knowing that he has a fear of public speaking because he gets nervous and ends up pissing his pants, Alice always calls Bob up to the front of the class .
- Exploited: Evil aliens with incredible senses of smell plot to invade the world. As such, the heroes bring in Bob, who has a bladder control problem when he gets scared.
- Defied: Bob takes some pills before he gets scared which will prevent this.
- Discussed: "I was so scared I thought I was going to piss myself!"
- Conversed: "He spends the entire episode walking funny because the bear scared him in the Cold Open."
- Implied: Bob gets attacked by a bear and runs back home:
Bob: "Good thing I ran away or else I could've lost more than just my pants."
Alice (confused): "But the bear didn't take your pants."
Bob: "Oh trust me, these pants are done for."
- Bob shits his pants when confronted by a bear but doesn't get a chance to switch his pants an ends up getting diaper rash.
- Bob shits his pants but doesn't get a chance to change them because he is lost in the woods so he just removes his pants and leaves them in the forest. When he finally escapes the woods he is arrested for public nudity.
...Bring My Brown Pants