Playing With: Atop a Mountain of Corpses
: Someone, usually Badass
, is present on the summit a pile of bodies, usually Mooks
- Straight: Hiro stands triumphant atop a pile of comatose mooks as tall as he is.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evilz is literally standing on the summit of a mountain made out of heroes he himself has slain.
- Downplayed: Bob sits on the 3 guards he just knocked out and put into a pile.
- Justified: Evilz needed some higher ground, so he improvised.
- Evilz digs a pit and fills it with all the corpses he made.
- Bob has to dig his way out from beneath a pile of corpses.
- Double Subverted:
- Hiro dives in out of nowhere and poses on the corpses, yelling a heroic challenge to Evilz.
- Hiro poses on a real pile of corpses later on.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No piles of corpses are seen or posed on.
- Enforced: It’s part of a cover homaging Frank Franzetta, complete with Barbarian Hero and a mostly-naked woman hanging on to him.
- Hiro decides to show off by posing on all the mooks he's killed.
- Bob, after his side was defeated in a very one-sided battle, poses atop a pile of his former comrades and bawls a horrifying challenge in order to scary away the soldiers about to attack him.
- Exploited: Hiro uses the pile of bodies as a wall, with mooks as the mortar. And the brick. and the stone…
- Defied: Every character, regardless of whether they are good or evil, agrees that it's wrong to pose on corpses.
- Discussed: "Piles of corpses just don’t happen. As soon as you’re halfway done everyone gets the message and runs off!"
- Conversed: "This show is disgusting! What kind of hero poses on a pile of his own victims?"
- Played For Laughs:
- Evilz is so worn out by all the murdering and carrying of bodies that he collapses into a panting heap as soon as he reaches the summit.
- Evilz makes a couch-fort out of the bodies.
- A janitor walks into the building with all those corpses, and angrily demands Evilz cleans it up, much to the latter’s chagrin.
- Played For Drama
- Hiro sits comfortably atop all the bodies. Then they begin to reanimate…
- Hirto makes one of these piles out of knocked-out mooks, but the sheer weight of all those people causes some of them to be crushed to death when they could have survived, and he’s charged with manslaughter.
Climb back Atop a Mountain of Corpses
. Just mind the bodies.