Playing With: Amnesiac Hero
: The protagonist of the story suffers from retrograde amnesia.
- Straight: The story opens with its protagonist Alice chased by The Mafia and not remembering anything about her life up that point.
- Exaggerated: None of the characters in the story can remember anything from before the plot started.
- Downplayed: Alice remembers most of her life, just not how she got involved with the mob.
- Justified: Alice just woke up in the hospital after being shot in the head.
- Inverted: Alice remembers killing Bob The Don but nobody else seems to remember this event or even that Don Bob existed at all.
- Subverted: As soon as Alice escapes from the hospital, her memories of killing Bob come back.
- Double Subverted: All Alice's memories come back... except the ones that explain why the mafia is after her.
- Parodied: Alice and Charlie the Hitman accidentally knock heads and get their roles confused after coming to, with Alice henceforth pursuing Charlie.
- Zig Zagged:
- Alice is an Amnesiac Hero who occasionally has moments of lucidity.
- Alice begins to recover memories only to discover they're not real memories.
- Averted: Alice is shot in the head and wakes up perfectly aware of her situation.
- Enforced: Every time Alice regains her memory, she takes a convenient Tap on the Head because Status Quo Is God.
- Lampshaded: "Oh, I know! The mafia shot you in the head and now you have to take on them to find out what happened to you, just like in the movies!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Alice pretends to be amnesiac in a attempt to fool the mob into leaving her alone.
- Defied: While unconscious, Alice fights a Battle in the Center of the Mind to preserve her memories.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Amnesia is treated realistically and Alice has to be taught to speak, eat, and use the bathroom all over again, during which time she is quietly assassinated by Charlie the Hitman.
- In-universe, Alice has amnesia but is scoffed at and made fun of by other people for being 'Tired Cliche' even though the amnesia is something she has no control over. Alice is left sad and alone with no help of recovering her memories.
- Reconstructed: Through her sheer willpower, Alice makes a full recovery quickly and takes the fight back to the mob.
- Played For Laughs: Alice's friend lies about who she is as a prank.
Back to Amnesiac Hero