Playing With: Adorably Precocious Child
: A cute kid character who tends to act like an adult.
- Michael, a 10-year-old boy, feels that he has adult responsibilities to uphold. He occasionally lapses into childish behavior, though.
- Michelle is a young girl that feels the need to act more mature.
- Exaggerated: Michael is a toddler that feels the need to be the head of his household. His behavior relapses to that of an infant.
- Downplayed: Michael is noticeably more mature than the other characters his own age, although he doesn't quite behave like a fully grown adult.
- Justified: Michael is faced with a situation such as Parental Abandonment that would require him to behave more like an adult.
- Michael is an adult that tries to embrace his youth, but his adult tendencies get in the way.
- Man Child
- Double Subverted: Michael never seems to lapse into childish behavior... until you take him to a toy store.
- Michael and Michelle have a schedule plan so they don't end up being childish at the same time.
- Michael wears a suit and behaves like a stereotypical adult. Anyone who mentions his age is met with a childish outburst.
- Zig Zagged: Depending on the Writer, Michael can act very mature and adult-like, or he can act just like any other kid.
- Averted: Michael does not try to act older than he actually is.
- Enforced: Kid-Appeal Character.
- Lampshaded: "For such a little kid, he sure does act grown-up..."
- Invoked: Michael deliberately tries to act more like an adult in order to get people to gush over how cute he is.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Michael hates the idea of growing up, so he refuses to act like one.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Michael falls to depression because absolutely no one will take him seriously, even when it's crucial. He begins to hate himself for his childish tendencies.
- Alternatively, Michael remains baby-faced despite going through, if not having gone through puberty believing he has come of age. He ends up becoming jaded, cynical and nostalgic because of this.
- His parents begin to listen to him more and treat him more like an adult after seeing how horribly he's been torn apart.
- Michael finally manages to achieve something great that earns him the respect he always wanted.
Back to Adorably Precocious Child