Nightmare Fuel: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series
Just because this is a comic parody doesn't mean it can't be... scary at times
- There's Yugi's dream in Episode 16, the 2001 parody. The creepy music coupled with the overall Satanic look of it nearly made a few people afraid to go to sleep for fear of dreaming about it.
- In the fourth "Evil Council" video, Pegasus, with a little help from the possessed teddy bear, resurrects his dead wife Cecilia the old-fashioned way. Needless to say, the appropriately edited image of Cecilia will come across as shocking to those unprepared.
- Noah is creepy. Not that he wasn't creepy in the original, but here... Brrr, creepy.
Noah (singing in an absolutely creepy voice): "Hush little Mokuba, don't say a word/Noah's going to keep you in the virtual world/And if your brother tries to moan/Noah's going turn his body into stone..."
- This bit is creepy as all Hell...
(Now possessing Mokuba, after tricking him with a fake surprise party) '''Happy Birthday, Dear Mokubaaa, Happy Birthday to meee-eh heh ha ha ha! Ahahahahaha! AH-hahahahahaha!
- Melvin. Just... Melvin. Silliness aside, he has the highest kill count in the series, killing Hans, Gruber, his father, and Dr. Feelgood. Plus, there are his "hugs".
- Seto in Season Zero. He's actually nice and friendly... while still having a Creepy Monotone, making his kindness sort of creepy.
- Anytime we get a close up of his eyes. They're wide and empty and they have a sort of Brainwashed look to them.
- Season Zero Yami. He has all the characteristics of his counterpart from the main abridged series magnified by 100, turning him from just a selfish Jerkass into a crazy, murderous sociopath. Even though it's all done for comedy, it's still equally terrifying to watch. And the Halloween theme being used as his Leitmotif is surprisingly effective at adding to the creepiness.
- Crump and his obsession with penguins can come across as... disturbing.
- As of episode 61, Melvin is in the middle of a Villainous Breakdown. It's played for laughs, but up until this point he's been completely in control. Seeing him break down into crazed screaming is just disturbing. The faces don't help.
- Another Melvin example. In LK's fic "Marik and Bakura go to Censored Town", he makes two appearances and dear god! His major appearance, later on in the fic, has him gleefully torturing Bakura, taunting him about how he wants to kill him, and make Marik watch in the Soul Room, as he can control what he remembers and doesn't. This isn't just the silly, over the top villain we're used to. He's cold and ruthless, and we see why he scares Bakura so much. And the way he happily mutilates his own body with the Rod... Brrrr.