You have guts. I like that in a victim.Just because this is a comic parody doesn't mean it can't be... scary at times. Spoilers below!
- There's Yugi's dream in Episode 16, the 2001 parody. The creepy music coupled with the overall Satanic look of it nearly made a few people afraid to go to sleep for fear of dreaming about it.
- In-Universe, the Dark Zebra is this to Seto Freakin' Kaiba.
"Seriously, what the hell is that supposed to be? Whatever it is, I'll be seeing it in my nightmares..."
* later, when summoning Obelisk the Tormentor*
"Go, Obelisk; kill that weird, evil unicorn zebra thing! It's really freaking me out!"
- In the fourth "Evil Council" video, Pegasus, with a little help from the possessed teddy bear, resurrects his dead wife Cecilia the old-fashioned way. Needless to say, the appropriately edited image of Cecilia will come across as shocking to those unprepared.
- Noah is creepy. Not that he wasn't creepy in the original, but here... Brrr, creepy. Kudos to Kirbopher.
Noah (singing in an absolutely creepy voice): "Hush little Mokuba, don't say a word/Noah's going to keep you in the virtual world/And if your brother tries to moan/Noah's going turn his body into stone..."
(Now possessing Mokuba, after tricking him with a fake surprise party) '''Happy Birthday, Dear Mokubaaa, Happy Birthday to meee-eh heh ha ha ha! Ahahahahaha! AH-hahahahahaha!
- This bit is creepy as all Hell...
(Immediately after the above line) "Strange... Why do I suddenly feel like kidnapping myself?"
- YMMV, but Noah's line next line kind of averts it in my opinion.
- Melvin. Just... Melvin. Silliness aside, he has the highest kill count in the series, killing Hans, Gruber, his father, and Dr. Feelgood. Plus, there are his "hugs".
- And he killed at least one baby, the youngest Roba brother.
- Seto in Season Zero. He's actually nice and friendly... while still having a Creepy Monotone, making his kindness sort of creepy.
- Anytime we get a close up of his eyes. They're wide and empty and they have a sort of Brainwashed look to them.
- Season Zero Yami. He has all the characteristics of his counterpart from the main abridged series magnified by 100, turning him from just an aloof, selfish Jerkass into a crazy, murderous sadist who at times makes Melvin look normal. Even though it's all done for comedy, it's still equally terrifying to watch. And the Halloween theme being used as his Leitmotif is surprisingly effective at adding to the creepiness.
- Crump and his obsession with penguins can come across as... disturbing.
- As of episode 61, Melvin is in the middle of a Villainous Breakdown. It's played for laughs, but up until this point he's been completely in control. Seeing him break down into crazed screaming is just disturbing. The faces don't help.
- Another Melvin example. In LK's fic "Marik and Bakura go to Censored Town", he makes two appearances and dear god! His major appearance, later on in the fic, has him gleefully torturing Bakura, taunting him about how he wants to kill him, and make Marik watch in the Soul Room, as he can control what he remembers and doesn't. This isn't just the silly, over the top villain we're used to. He's cold and ruthless, and we see why he scares Bakura so much. And the way he happily mutilates his own body with the Rod... Brrrr.
- "Kill your family! Kill your family! Kill your family!"
- Yugi's eyes suddenly turning red in Episode 70. It came right the hell out of nowhere and is way too reminiscent of Yami's eyes in Season 0.
- Yami after using the Seal of Orichalcos the next episode which Yugi flat-out says is eerily similar to Season 0 Yami. It's clear from Raphael's reactions that he realized just how big of a risk he took by baiting him into using it.
- That same episode, it's a little bone chilling to hear Raphael say "We aren't doing this your way and we never will again"
- Luckly, in the follow-up he goes for Large Ham rather than nightmarish, but there's still something chilling about the Pharaoh's voice turning deathly serious when he believes Weevil destroyed the card holding Yugi's soul.
Yami: "Come on Tea, it's Weevil! What's the worst he could—"
* Weevil rips up the card*
Yami: "Okay yeah...that's the worst he could do."
- The way Yami dealt with Tea's boss in S 0 E 2. In the manga he was at least honourable enough to warn his opponent that he'd risk setting himself on fire and the anime has Yami just play a penalty game that made it seem like the manager was on fire. Here, he manages to top both previous versions of himself and goads the guy into his trap, which sets him on fire for real.