Music: The Fratellis
A Scottish alternative rock band formed in 2005. Composed of Jon Fratelli, Barry Fratelli, and Mince Fratelli, the band members took their assumed names from the villains of the 80s movie The Goonies. They've released four albums: the best-known is their first, 2005's Costello Music, which they followed up with 2008's Here We Stand and, following a hiatus, 2013's We Need Medicine and 2015's Eyes Wide, Tongue Tied.Notably, almost all of the band's songs are about girls.
- Album Title Drop: In Henrietta;These are crazy times down at Costello Music.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Mince Fratelli, at least in his appearance.
- Audience Participation Song: The start of Chelsea Dagger is ideal for crowds to sing, not just at Fratellis concerts but at quite a lot of football matches, etc.
- Burlesque: in the Chelsea Dagger video.
- Cool Hat: Jon Fratelli has one.
- Country Matters: Used in a few songs.
- Dirty Old Woman / Mrs. Robinson: Shown in a positive light in "Mistress Mabel", less so in "Shameless".
- Even earlier used in "Got Ma Nuts From a Hippie", in an oddly ambivalent light. She may have "made [him] a real man" but it's not clear how he felt about it.
- Excited Song Title: "Look Out Sunshine!" and "Baby Don't You Lie To Me!". Subverted with We Need Medicine, which has an exclamation point on the cover art (which is an homage to the works of Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein), but not in any other official materials. They've also got a Confused Song Title, in "The Gutterati?".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: At one point in Henrietta, the word "cunt" is used, but it's sung so quickly that most people don't catch it.
- Metal Scream: "Chelsea Dagger" has one right in the beginning.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: "Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night."
- Ode to Intoxication: "Whiskey Blues"
- One Woman Song: Henrietta, Chelsea Dagger, Nina, Stacie Ann, and Lupe Brown.
- Rock Trio: The band's setup (live there's also a keyboardist).
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: "Got Ma Nuts From A Hippy"
- Stage Names: John Lawler, Barry Wallace, and Gordon Mc Rory are Jon, Barry and Mince Fratelli.
- The Stoner: "Vince The Lovable Stoner", Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Took a Level in Badass: In "Look Out Sunshine!", the singer seems to have done this and come back to either a CorruptCorporateExecutive from the music industry or a former band member to give them a piece of their mind before they leave town.
- Your Cheating Heart: "Shameless"