Music: The Dead Weather
The Dead Weather are an Alternative Rock supergroup composed of:
- Alison Mosshart of The Kills, lead vocals
- Jack White of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs, drums and backing vocals
- Dean Fertita of Queens of the Stone Age, guitar and keyboards
- Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes, bass
- Horehound (2009)
- Sea of Cowards (2010)
The Dead Weather provide examples of:
- Badass Boast - "I Cut Like a Buffalo", "Die By The Drop", "Hang You From the Heavens", "60 Feet Tall".
- Call-and-Response Song - "So Far From Your Weapon".
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette - ALL OF THEM. Though Fertita isn't quite as pale as the others.
- Intercourse with You - "The Difference Between Us". It just oozes sex.
- "Die By the Drop" could easily be interpreted as this.
- Incest Subtext - "Treat Me Like Your Mother".
- Let's Duet - "Rocking Horse", "Die By the Drop", "Treat Like Your Mother", "Will There Be Enough Water?"
- Lyrical Shoehorn
- Messy Hair - Mosshart and White.
- Peek-a-Bangs - Alison Mosshart. Either that, or Blinding Bangs.
- Pretty in Mink - Alison Mosshart.
- Sanity Slippage Song - "I'm Mad", complete with crazy person laughter.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song - "Will There Be Enough Water?".
- Word Salad Lyrics - I Cut Like A Buffalo.