Dillon Dixon Band is an indie Alternative/ Jazz/ Pop band from Nashville Tennessee started by title songwriter Dillon Dixon and composed of several other contributing members. Dixon has also done a number of movie soundtracks with Marco Beltrami; including Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Scream (1996), and Amusement.One member of band's YouTube channel can be found here and official channel here, which both contain live Music Videos of a few of their songs
- Dillon Dixon - vocals/guitar
- John Boehm - bass
- John Toomey - drums
- Jeffrey Scot Wills - sax/percussion
- Mason Embry - keyboards (former)
- Walt Scott - keyboards (current)
Dillon Dixon Band contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Toomey got a 2-minute drum solo in "Humminbird".
- Alliterative Name
- Alternative Rock
- Breakup Song: "Pockets"
- Celebrity Blog: http://www.myspace.com/dillondixonmusic
- Genre Shift: Dixon, himself, shifted from the usual soft and smooth jazzy type music and did a hard rock track for the film Amusement.
- Just Before the End: Dixon's "Open To Me", which was played at the end of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines:If we live the day
In total surrender, happy together
And all our sins washed away in the ocean
Would you be open to me?
- Long Song, Short Scene: Dillon's "Mine" was only featured in Amusement, and the film itself got very little reception or recognition.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Just see for yourself.
- Signature Song: Either "Talk To Me" or "Humminbird".