Sarah Skaalum Jørgensen, known professionally as Sarah, is a 16-year-old singer and guitarist from Denmark, often described as the Danish, female version of Adam Lambert. Sarah won the Denmark version of The X Factor, and she quickly became famous for her deep contralto vocals, her excellent P!nk covers and for being an out and proud lesbian. She has just released her first full album, which can best be described as Tegan & Sara meets P!nk, with a dash of Avril Lavigne(without the meaningless lyrics)
Sarah and her music provide examples of:
- Butch Lesbian: She doesn't act butch, but she tends to wear masculine clothes, and no one can call her a femme.
- Bi the Way: Her girlfriend Frederikke.
- Colbert Bump: Her popularity outside of Denmark skyrocketed when she was covered on the lesbian website After Ellen.
- Make-Out Kids: With Frederikke. Justified, as they are both teenagers.
- Obsession Song: "Når Du Rører Mig"("When You Touch Me"). Though it's not creepy, and it sounds more like the Gayngst of a closeted lesbian in love with a straight girl than anything else.
- One Name Only
- Schoolgirl Lesbian
- She Cleans Up Nicely: While she was always pretty, during The X Factor, she went from a wild Bokukko to a stylish, elegant Bifauxnen.