This band needs a better description.
Pig With The Face of a Boy is the "world's best neo-post-post-music hall anti-folk band."
They compose music with off-the-wall, and occasionally off-color lyrics.
Their blog, started in 2008, can be found here.
In 2010, they formed a YouTube
page, on which they posted their first music video: "Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris."
Entertaining AND educational!
Oh, and this page doesn't contain a pig with a boy's face.
Tropes in their songs:
- A Boy and His X: A Hitler and his cheeseburger.
- Companion Cube: Hitler's Favorite Song (Please Don't Tread On My Cheeseburger). Hitler sings about how a cheeseburger and a venus flytrap are his only friends in the world.
- Lyrical Dissonance: The beginnings of a lot of their songs from La La Ha Ha. Especially My Darling, which is about the persona taking his love to a cock fight, The Midwife, which is about a psychopath who eats human placentas,and the beginning of The Lonely Shepherd, which is about a shepherd wanting to have sex with a sheep, and even Hitler's Favourite Song (Please Don't Tread On My Cheeseburger) at some point.
- "Please don't tread on my cheeseburger or I'd have to cut your head off with a blunt chainsaw."
- Riding the Bomb: In The Complete History of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris music video, there is a scene when the singer rides a Tetris long block shaped atomic bomb which is just dropped by a Soviet bomber.
- Take That: The Complete History of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris is one large Take That against, Russia through a long and elaborate Tetris-themed metaphor, describing the country as a bleak and absurd place from the end of czarist era to the beginning of 21th century, in which none of the revolutions or political change actually brought any real ameliorations to the Russian inhabitants conditions of life and work.
- The song also features a part which is a direct Take That against the Tetris game itself:
What’s the point of it all, when you’re building a wall
And in front of your eyes it disappears?
Pointless work for pointless pay
This is one game I shall not play