Music / Marduk
is a Swedish black metal
/"Norse core" band.
Not to be confused with Tiamat
, a Swedish goth-rock band, or the RPG flash-series MARDEK
- Dark Endless (1992)
- Those of Unlight (1993)
- Opus Nocturne (1994)
- Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered (1996)
- Nightwing (1998)
- Panzer Division Marduk (1999)
- La Grande Danse Macabre (2001)
- World Funeral (2003)
- Plague Angel (2004)
- Rom 5:12 (2007)
- Wormwood (2009)
- Serpent Sermon (2012)
- Fuck Me Jesus (1991)
- Glorification (1996)
- Here's No Peace (1997)
- Obedience (2000)
- Slay the Nazarene (2002)
- Deathmarch (2004)
- Iron Dawn (2011)
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Line from the song "Baptism of Fire".
- Contemptible Cover: The cover of their Fuck Me Jesus EP. Doubles as a Visual Pun.
- Epic Rocking: Some of their songs, like "Perish and Flames" and "Blutrauche" from Plague Angel, both of which approach eight minutes in length.
- I Am the Band: Guitarist Morgan Hakansson is the only original member, and seems to make many of the important decisions regarding the band's direction. However, from Plague Angel onward, the lineup has remained pretty consistent, and Morgan confirms that the other members take an active role in the songwriting process.
- I Love the Dead: The song "Bleached Bones" from World Funeral.
- Loudness War: On most of their releases. Unsurprisingly it becomes really noticeable with the Peter Tägtgren-produced material (Tägtgren is notorious for this sort of thing) and hasn't really let up since.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Usually a solid 10.
- Rock Me, Asmodeus!
- Shout-Out: Vocalist Daniel Rostén,(who we now know as Mortuus) once took the name Arioch as a pseudonym.
- Those Wacky Nazis: A common lyrical subject. They have many songs sung from the Nazis' perspective, although the band members themselves have noted that they are not National Socialists (and in a bit of Artistic License – History, the Nazis' victims are switched from Jews to Christians for the most part).