Kana (香奈), more recently known as Moon Kana (MOON-香奈-, MOON-kana-, ムーン香奈) is a Japanese rock musician/singer, toy designer, model, illustrator/graphic artist, dress designer, and actress who well-known for her appearances in the Gothic & Lolita Bible.Over the years she has become well known for her ever changing looks. There's arguable description that she is part of the Visual Kei movement though this is possibly because of her involvement in Lolita.Born as Kana Uede, (植田佳奈) (26 January 1982) she showed interest in music at an early age and held her first concert at 16 years old. She is known for her unusual singing style that seemed to make her voice purposely tone-deaf. This usually comes in two styles: One is the nasally kind that she often uses along with her cute garb and the other being a screechier harsher and deeper kind usually accompanied by punk/rock-ish music. Nevertheless, this gained her fans and followers, despite some criticism (usually about her singing, obviously). Her cutesy fashion has, of course, not failed to gain attention and some fans who go to her concerts cosplay as her. She had more than one trademark look and there's no telling what she'll look like next.Not to be confused with the joshi wrestler Kana.
- [2001.09.21] Doubutsu-teki Ningen
- [2002.09.26] Kikai-teki Ningen
- [2005.02.02] Spade
- [2007.07.03] Tsuki no Usagi (Her name became Moon-kana-)
- [2010.03.27] MOON DRAGON
- [2003.07.23] Ningen-teki Ningen
- [2002.07.24] Kokoro no Mori (a film promo, compilation of Kana's PVs)
Provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Hair: Her above picture only showed one of the many colors her hair has. They can come in pink, red, green, etc.
- Animal-Eared Headband: As seen here◊ and one of her Nice Hats.
- Companion Cube: Her stuffed panda, Toraboruta.
- Her nameless? bunny as seen above. She usually poses with it.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Might as well be the epitome of this trope. She overkilled it!
- Cute Kittens: ...to continue the bunny trope, cats are fine too.
- Cute Little Fangs: Watch this for example and you will not fail noticing it. Apparently, in relation to the "yaeba"/double tooth.
- Cuteness Overload: Swear to god, just count the tropes with the word "cute" in them, have been used.
- The Cutie: Calling, Captain Obvious.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Her sort-of famous headwear◊ which some have described, "they look like undies".
- Emotionless Girl: Not per se. But she rarely smiles on pictures. A bit Creepy Cute.
- Everything's Better with Plushies
- Follow the Leader: Plenty of fans, who attend her concerts while cosplaying her.
- Gratuitous English: Some of her songs. Her English itself isn't very fluent but can seem to write Simple English just well judging from her posts on the internet.
- Gratuitous French: Her album Tsuki no Usagi has some of them in the songs and they are so gratuitous, not even the French can make anything of it. Mondegreen-ing ensued.
- Kawaisa: So far, every work by her falls under this.
- Lighter and Softer: Her early works were more in the rock sounding category along with her monstrously cute vocals. More of her latest releases are cuter and softer sounding, though some songs are quite as creepy sounding still.
- Nice Hats
- Widget Artist: In more ways than cute.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Try interpreting what most of her songs are about.
- Word Salad Title: Check for her albums' tracklists. Combined with above trope.
- Your Favorite: She likes peaches. Thought you'd like to know.