Frou Frou were an English duo who formed in 2001 and disbanded in 2003. The duo consisted of Imogen Heap and Guy Sigsworth, both of whom wrote the lyrics and played instruments on the tracks, while Heap provided the vocals. They had one album, Details, and four singles, "Breathe In", "Must Be Dreaming", "Let Go" and "It's Good To Be In Love". There are rumours of future collaborations from the duo.See also Imogen Heap.
Frou Frou provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alien Abduction: "Shh"
- Anti-Love Song: "Close Up"
- Break Up Song: "Hear Me Out"
- The Cover Changes the Meaning: Frou Frou's cover of "Holding Out For A Hero" turns a song about wanting a Knight In Shining Armour into a song that asks if there are even any heroes left in the world.
- Cover Version: Frou Frou covered "Holding Out For A Hero", which was played during the end credits of "Shrek 2".
- Downer Ending: Details is an album full of light, peppy songs (excepting "Psychobabble") that ends with the slow, tragic "The Dumbing Down of Love".
- Lyrical Shoehorn: "Flicks"
- Non-Appearing Title: "Close Up", "Old Piano", "Flicks", "Psychobabble"
- Singing Simlish: They really liked this trope.
- Single Stanza Song: "Old Piano"
- Surreal Music Video: "Must Be Dreaming"