China Anne McClain (born August 25, 1998) is an American child actress and singer. Her father and mother are singer-producers. She has two older sisters who are also actresses. China's career began in 2005 when she was 7 years old, in the movie The Gospel. Although she became nationally known since 2007, when she joined the cast of the series Tyler Perry's House of Payne as Jazmine Payne, she is now internationally known for her role as Chyna Parks, the star of the Disney Channel Original A.N.T. Farm. She also stared in How To Build A Better Boy with Lab Rats star, Kelli Berglund.Disney released the soundtrack of A.N.T. Farm on October 11, 2011. McClain sings six songs and two solos with her sisters on the soundtrack, which debuted in the Billboard Hot 200 at #29, with 14,000 copies sold in its first week. The release containing the hit song "Calling All The Monsters" that reached the 86th spot on the Billboard Hot 100. There are plans to release an album with China's sisters in 2012, published by Hollywood Records under the moniker The McClain Sisters.Currently her recent roles are Freddie (until her sister Lauryn took over in the 2nd season) in Descendants: Wicked World and as Uma in Descendants 2.
Tropes that apply to Ms. McClain include:
- Celeb Crush: She expressed that she loved Jake Short. Hmm…
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: As of A.N.T. Farm's third season.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: "Exceptional" for A.N.T. Farm.
- Fangirl: Of Michael Jackson, Beyoncé and One Direction.
- Genki Girl: Especially her guest role on Wizards of Waverly Place, even saying "Please, Please Pleeeeease!!!"
- Idol Singer
- Meganekko: China and Sierra McCormick play this adorably.
- Sassy Black Girl: Her roles on House of Payne and Daddy's Little Girls and as Freddie in the 1st season of Descendants: Wicked World, to an extent.