Music: A Teens
Formed in 1998 by Niklas Berg, the Swedish band started off as a tribute band to ABBA during the beginning of the Teen Pop Revival of the Turn of the Millennium. Like ABBA, the band consisted of two males, Amit and Dhani, and two females, Marie and Sara. They also had a success, despite not as close to ABBA although there were many ABBA tribute bands prior and since then. The band lasted from 1998 to 2004.Band members:
- Marie Eleonor Serneholt was the oldest in the group, born 11 of July in 1983. After band, she had some success with her solo album, Enjoy the Ride. She has taken part in a variety of TV shows, includes for appearances on Melodifestivalen, the Swedish version of The X Factor, and most recently the lotto show, Bingolotto.
- Amit Sebastian Paul, the older of the two male, born 29 October in 1983, he was born to an Indian chemist and a Swedish woman. He has been relatively laying low since the band’s days, mainly producing indie music.
- John Dhani Lennevald, the tallest of the group, was born on 24 July in 1984. Dhani has also been keeping a low profile when the band’s days, he’s mainly now a music producer.
- Sara Helena Lumholdt, the youngest and smallest; she was born to a Swedish psychotherapist and a Turkish-Filipino woman. When it comes as far as music, she’s been keeping a low profile about it although her song, First, have been released on i-Tunes. Apart from music, she has appeared on many programs as well, like co-hosting the after show for X-Factor and became a pole dance instructor.
- The ABBA Generation (1999)
- Teen Spirit (2001)
- Pop 'til You Drop! (2002)
- New Arrival (2003)
- Greatest Hits (2004)
Tropes Based On Their Work
- Bare Your Midriff: Sugar Rush video the girls did this!
- Break Up Song: Heartbreak Lullaby
- Darker and Edgier: Their "Gimme; Gimme; Gimme! (A Man after Midnight)" video
- Gender-Equal Ensemble
- Only Known by Their Nickname: During the tenure, Dhani was rarely called by his real name, John, by anyone including his band mates and anyone interviewing them. He often called by his middle name.
- Surprisingly Good English: As this video demonstrates, despite being taught the British English, Marie sounded like she was from California while Sara sounded like A New Yorker rather than Sweden.
- This one also has a clear demonstration.
- Shout-Out: There had been a few, other than ABBA Covers
- Took a Level in Badass: Quite a few
- Working-Class Hero: Remake of Mamma Mia, they seen as waiters that is until they summon a party.
- Up, Up and Away!: Sara, at least in this video, she does!