Flowers of Evil
(악의 꽃) is a seven volume manhwa created by Lee Hyeon-Sook in which siblings Se-Joon and Se-Wa are a bit
too... close to each other.
Se-Joon and Se-Wa are siblings with a dark, complex relationship. Se-Wa, a girl considered psychotic by others, is attached to her brother... a little too attached. In her eyes, there is only Se-Joon, and no one else. And what of Se-Joon's feelings?
This manhwa features examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Se-Jun says loves his sister as a sibling, though sometimes his behaviour hints at feelings which mirror hers.
- Alpha Bitch: Whats-her-name claims that she saw Seh-Wah push afro-guy down the stairs with her own eyes.
- Big Brother Attraction: Se-Wa as a teenager.
- Brother-Sister Incest
- Clingy Jealous Girl: See 'Yandere'.
- Disproportionate Retribution: See 'Yandere' as well. Poor afro-perv-guy...
- Downer Ending
- Driven to Suicide
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Se-Wa's nick-name around school is 'The Ice Princess'.
- Father, I Want to Marry My Brother: Se-Wa as a child.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Jealousy and envy are the roots of all 'yandere' in this story.
- Incest Subtext: Se-Wa is both vocal and forward about her feelings for Se-Wah. His feelings about her are conveyed more subtly. At first.
- Love Triangle: Actually, more of a square.
- No Export for You
- Played for Drama: The premise is about two twins who want to jump one another's bones. Just another run-of-the-mill romantic comedy where it turns out they're not siblings after all, right?
- The Reveal: Seh-Joon pushed Afro-guy down the stairs. He's actually more of a yandere than Seh-Wah is.
- She Is All Grown Up: We are treated to a few shots of the twins when they were younger. Thing is, now that they're older a lot of the things they used to do together are not okay anymore. Like, sleeping together. Or bathing. Or kissing.
- Sins of Our Fathers
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: How Se-Wa sees herself with regards to Seh-Jun.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Seh-Joon and Seh-wah. It gets resolved, eventually. This isn't a good thing.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: See 'Yandere' again.
- Yandere: Seh-Wah, and 'Gi-Hoon's' ex, Soo-Jin. Seh-Joon takes the cake, though.
- You're Insane!: Seh-Wah gets this a few times, most notably in the aftermath of her asking Seh-Joon to prove his love by dying for her.