Manga: Mei no Naisho
Mei Haruna is a boy who was raised as a girl by his Magical Girl mother. After his mother's death, he is sent to a boarding school for girls. Hilarity Ensues.
- Creepy Uncle: Mikoto and Mei's uncle Mayu, who left the family when he was young "because there aren't any cute little boys". Cue him meeting his nephew.
- Double Standard: When Mei's true gender was exposed, the principal of the all-girls school objected on Mei staying out of fear he'd assault the girls. The student council president then grabbed Mei, rendering him completely defenceless, and that was enough to make the principal believe it's okay for him to stay, without caring about him as much as she'd care about the girls.
- At least Fuuka cares about him.
- Even the Girls Want Her: With the possible exception of Fuuka, everyone has a crush on the Student Council President
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Mikoto loves Mei but would rather help him with Fuuka than see him sad.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Every one of the Student Council President's scenes contain her either attempting to get in another girl (or Mei's) pants, or successfully having done so.
- Magical Girl: Mei thrives to become a good one even after learning he's not a girl. Mikoto is a more traditional one.
- Oblivious to Love: Mei could give Negi Springfield a run for his money in this department.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: Haruna Mei's mother raised him as a girl, partially because boys born to Magical Girls live shorter lives unless they're raised as girls and partially because she had a hobby of dressing Mei up in cute clothing. Mei only learned the truth when "her" classmates saw his penis. Mei believed it'd eventually fall.