Manga: Club 9
Club 9 is a five-volume Seinen manga by Kobayashi Makoto that tells the story of an innocent country girl who becomes a club hostess in Tokyo. The first three volumes are available in English.
Club 9 provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Chinatsu. While she normally keeps it to herself, the truth gets out when she gets drunk.
- Author Avatar: Konbayashi Makoto is a parody of Kobayashi Makoto. Who could've guessed.
- But Liquor Is Quicker: Pity the man who thought a drink or two would make Chinatsu more open for his advances. See Can't Hold Her Liquor below.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Chinatsu after even an itty bitty sippy cheerfully mocks and torments her customers without bounds.
- Cool Car: Haruo's pink "Fahrrari Tahstarossa".
- The Ditz: Haruo's own Ma.
- Dojikko: Haruo. No cure comes from becoming hostess Hello-chan.
- Fanservice with a Smile: it's a hostess club after all.
- Hello, Nurse!: Hello-chan has this effect where ever she goes, and has a matching name for extra natch.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Hello-chan
- Kimono Fanservice: The competing club has one hostess in kimono.
- Lady in Red: Hello-chan in Mama's "more daring little number". Not classy but definitely, definitely sexy.
- Nature Adores a Virgin: The men are pretty smitten with Hello-chan to begin with, but the madness only really begins when they learn that she is a virgin.
- No Export for You: Dark Horse has no intentions to have volumes 4 and 5 translated and published.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Mangaka Lewis and his assistants have been working on a deadline rush for the last days non-stop. The much attractive, much appreciated Hello-chan visits wearing one of her Mama's more daring little numbers, red even, and makes the men weep along the lines of Please Put Some Clothes On. An emergency cover is improvised from cardboard boxes.
- Sexy Walk: a proud tradition of Ginza girls. SFX: B♥♥M BA-DA B♥♥M.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Haruo the average pretty farmgirl becomes Hello-chan the "world-class, could-live-on-it beauty".
- Skinship Grope: Haruo's Ma has a "my little girl has grown all up" moment; Chinatsu the relative board chest has "I wish I has luscious funbags like these" moments with Haruo and/or Aki.
- Tareme Eyes: Aki, who's something of a Hooker with a Heart of Gold and has no qualms about manipulating her customers into buying her stuff.
- Tohoku Regional Accent: So thick you could stick a spoon in it and it would stand. Well kept in the translation as well.
- Tsurime Eyes: Chinatsu, who gives a more high-class and elegant air than the other hostesses.