open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
Films — Animation
- WALL•E (Granted, being R2-D2 in Love, half the movie itself is Say My Name)
- The Tinkerbell Movie
- Disney's Hercules. Of course, the last clip in this one is Hades saying "Jerkules".
- Kubo and the Two Strings
- The Tale of Despereaux
- Ratatouille, complete with pronunciation guide. It's not a character's name, but a food's name said in this one.
- Some advertising spots for How to Train Your Dragon were Say "Dragons" Trailers.
- The Adventures of Tintin.
- Wreck-It Ralph — in this case, just "Ralph" does the trick.
Films — Live-Action
- Harry Potter
- Stuart Little
- Juno (Oscar Bait, oddly enough)
- The trailer for In Bruges includes a brief montage of about half the times the word "Bruges" is used in the film. The film itself can be played as a Drinking Game. Which is good, because by the end of it, you'll really want a drink.
- Charlie Wilson's War
- The Adventures of Pluto Nash
- It was "only" three or four times, but at least one Jonah Hex trailer has this.
- There's Something About Mary
- Tamara Drewe
- It wasn't actually used to promote the movie, but the DVD of The Family Man has an extra called "Hi Jack Montage", which is exactly what you'd think it is.
- Harriet the Spy
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest did this for Captain Jack Sparrow in one TV spot, with most of the characters just using "Jack".
- Imagine the phrase "My name is Domino Harvey" repeated about seventy times and you'll have a pretty good idea of what the Domino trailer is like.
- One TV ad for Mirror, Mirror is a Say "Snow White" Trailer.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- The teaser trailer to Zero Dark Thirty seems to be a marathon of saying Osama bin Laden's name over and over.
- A few ads for Ugly Betty have done this.
- The TV ads for Chuck
- Disney Channel used a set of these for The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Maddie, London, and each of the the twins had one.
- The Community episode "App Development and Condiments" ends with one of these for an 80's sex comedy starring the character Koogler. (The character wasn't seen outside of the episode.)
- A variation: one ad for James Bond Jr. featured the following exchange:
Girl: (with admiration) James!
James Bond Jr.: Jr.!
- In The Simpsons, episode "Krusty Gets Kancelled", a commercial within the show was with word "Gabbo" said and shown over and over again. No characters were necessary for a no-context advertisement campaign, meant to create interest in the character.
- A trailer for an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars had repetitions of "Deathwatch"
- A TV commercial for Batman: The Animated Series had a montage of several villains saying "Batman!" in varying degrees of disgust - followed by the announcer commenting: "See what everyone's talking about."
- A commercial for Maya & Miguel had a montage of Miguel saying "Maya" and his sister Maya saying "Miguel" repeatedly, with the last two parts being Say My Name.
- Dan Vs. has a commercial rapidly cutting between different characters shouting the titular character's name, capped off with:
Dan: "Vengeance, thy name is Dan!!"
- Sofia the First gets one of these.