I Was Born Ready
and a friend, usually The Lancer
are preparing to do something dangerous. Nerves are strained and tension is high. Before they go do the dangerous thing, The Lancer
turns to The Hero
and asks "Are you ready?" The response is always "I Was Born Ready
A variation where The Hero
asks The Lancer
if they're ready is common, and the wording can vary.
- A Warriors Heart: Connor, the protagonist, responds with this when asked if he's ready to play in the game.
- Lampshaded in Ocean's Thirteen:
Ocean: "Are you ready?"
Benedict: "I was born ready." (Ocean waits until he turns away, then rolls his eyes at the cliche)
- Just Friends (2005):
You ready to do this? Samantha James:
I was born ready, bitch!
- Blade: Trinity:
Dracula: Blade, ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherfucker!
- A variation of this occurs in the film adaptation of Astro Boy.
Dr. Tenma: Son, are you ready?
Astro: I was made ready!
- Jason X:
Tsunaron: Are you ready?
Kay-Em 14: I was built ready, baby.
- Parks and Recreation:
Ron Swanson: I was born ready. I'm Ron fucking Swanson
- Subverted in Spaced:
Tim: Are you ready?
Mike: I was born ready.
Tim: Yeah, but are you ready now?
Mike: Errrm.... Yeah
- Subverted in Chuck: "I was born ready," "I was born premature."
- And again "I was born re... well, no, I wasn't born ready, but I'm ready now."
- Used in The Incredible Hulk episode "Stop the Presses".
- Appears in the Knight Rider episode "Knight Moves".
- Dr. Insano says this in episode five of Kickassia.
- Grif, official slacker of Red vs. Blue :"I was born to take it easy." The advertise for a T-shirt with the quote actually says:"Never again be confused as the kind of person who was "born ready" or "born yesterday."