I Was Born Ready
The Hero and a friend, usually The Lancer are preparing to do something dangerous. Nerves are strained and tension is high. Before they go do the dangerous thing, The Lancer turns to The Hero and asks "Are you ready?" The response is always "I Was Born Ready." A variation where The Hero asks The Lancer if they're ready is common, and the wording can vary.
- A Warriors Heart: Connor, the protagonist, responds with this when asked if he's ready to play in the game.
- Lampshaded in Ocean's Thirteen:
Ocean: "Are you ready?"
Benedict: "I was born ready." (Ocean waits until he turns away, then rolls his eyes at the cliche)
- Just Friends (2005):
Chris: You ready to do this?
Samantha James: I was born ready, bitch!
- Blade: Trinity:
Dracula: Blade, ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherfucker!
- A variation of this occurs in the film adaptation of Astro Boy.
Dr. Tenma: Son, are you ready?
Astro: I was made ready!
- Jason X:
Tsunaron: Are you ready?Kay-Em 14: I was built ready, baby.
- Gaunt's Ghosts
Varl: I was born ready. Well, actually, I was born horny; I didn't get ready until I reached puberty.
- This seems to be the Twin's catch phrase in The House of Night.
- Parks and Recreation:
Ron Swanson: I was born ready. I'm Ron fucking Swanson
- Subverted in Spaced:
Tim: Are you ready?
Mike: I was born ready.
Tim: Yeah, but are you ready now?
Mike: Errrm.... Yeah
- Subverted in Chuck: "I was born ready," "I was born premature."
- And again "I was born re... well, no, I wasn't born ready, but I'm ready now."
- Used in The Incredible Hulk episode "Stop the Presses".
- Appears in the Knight Rider episode "Knight Moves".
- Expanded in 8-Bit Theater:
Red Mage: "I was born ready."
Fighter: "I was born naked and screaming."
Black Mage" "If all goes according to plan, you'll die like that too."
- Dr. Insano says this in episode five of Kickassia.
- Grif, official slacker of Red vs. Blue :"I was born to take it easy." The advertise for a T-shirt with the quote actually says:"Never again be confused as the kind of person who was "born ready" or "born yesterday."
- Bender in Futurama, "Raging Bender": "I was built ready!"
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Pinkie Pride". Before the "goof-off" begins, when Twilight Sparkle asks when the competitors are ready, their replies:
Pinkie Pie: I was born ready!Cheese Sandwich: I was ready before I was born!
- This is a Catch Phrase for the animated version of Flipshot in The New Adventures of He-Man.