and a friend, usually The Lancer
are preparing to do something dangerous. Nerves are strained and tension is high. Before they go do the dangerous thing, The Lancer
turns to The Hero
and asks "Are you ready?" The response is always "I Was Born Ready
A variation where The Hero
asks The Lancer
if they're ready is common, and the wording can vary.
- This is Bud's answer when the Shaw tech asks the delivery bots if he's ready for work.
- A Warriors Heart: Connor, the protagonist, responds with this when asked if he's ready to play in the game.
- Lampshaded in Ocean's Thirteen:
Ocean: "Are you ready?"
Benedict: "I was born ready." (Ocean waits until he turns away, then rolls his eyes at the cliche)
- Just Friends (2005):
You ready to do this? Samantha James:
I was born ready, bitch!
- Blade Trinity:
Dracula: Blade, ready to die?
Blade: I was born ready, motherfucker!
- A variation of this occurs in the film adaptation of Astro Boy.
Dr. Tenma: Son, are you ready?
Astro: I was made ready!
- Jason X:
Tsunaron: Are you ready?
Kay-Em 14: I was built ready, baby.
- Dr. Insano says this in episode five of Kickassia.
- Grif, official slacker of Red vs. Blue :"I was born to take it easy." The advertise for a T-shirt with the quote actually says:"Never again be confused as the kind of person who was "born ready" or "born yesterday."
- Bender in Futurama, "Raging Bender": "I was built ready!"