open/close all folders
- In the Futurama movie: Bender's Game After Mom gets the MacGuffin she, Fry, Leela, Hermes, Zoidberg and the rest return back to Earth.
- In the Super Mario Bros. movie after the meteorite fragment is returned back to the meteorite, both Worlds start fuse, and Mario and Koopa arrive back in Brooklyn
- At the end of The X-Files: Fight the Future, Mulder and Scully are stuck in Antarctica with a Snow Cat with no gas on the verge of consciousness. The next scene shows them back in Washington D.C. without any explanation to how they got there. When this is brought up three seasons later by an admirer, Mulder and Scully comically bicker with each other and do not give a straight answer.
- Robert A. Heinlein's Have Spacesuit Will Travel ends with the return of the protagonists home.
- The last track of Ayreon's Into the Electric Castle describes the characters returning to their respective time periods without the memory of the Castle or Forever, but knowing that something happened.
- Happens if the PCs succeed in killing Lolth in the Dungeons & Dragons adventure Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits.
After a short, dizzying, gut-twisting spin, they will black out, regaining consciousness somewhere on their own world...If characters delve into these events, they might learn that they were rescued by their gods as a reward for their services.
- At the end of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, the main characters wake up from their entire universe being deleted with no explanation of how they're still alive, or how their universe is still intact. Maria speculates on it for a minute, but the party ultimately decides to not worry about it and just go home.
- The Pokémon video games do this every time you beat the Elite Four. Rather frustrating, especially if you're Level Grinding and just have to turn around and go right back.
- Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 Neue Regisseur pulls everyone back to Earth's Orbit where Neue fuses with the White Star becoming Stern Regisseur and plans to Colony Drop Earth
- Final Fantasy V: One minute, you're taking out the Big Bad in his castle, the next, you're back in your homeworld in front of Tycoon Castle. Subverted in that you're not back in your homeworld; you're on the new world created by merging the two worlds together. Also, you're only two-thirds through the plot.
- At the end of Super Mario Galaxy, after defeating Bowser and rescuing Peach, Bowser's galaxy explodes and destroys the universe. The Lumas all throw themselves inside the black hole that is tearing up the universe as an attempt to stop it, and after their sacrifice results in the birth of a completely new universe altogether, Rosalina appears and tells Mario that the material left from dead stars are actually used to create new ones, followed by him, Peach, and Bowser finding themselves back in the Mushroom Kingdom as if nothing even happened.
- At the end of Chrono Cross, the split timelines are united ("fixed"), and everyone supposedly return to their respective home, with Serge waking up at the Opassa Beach by Leena's side. Worth of note is that he can always flee from the Final Battle if he so wish, but it's Schala's power that sends him back after the job is done.