open/close all folders
- Mr. Mobsy of The Suite Life shows seems to be working for Mr. Tipton 24/7 when not forced to do something else.
- Krystal from Dead Like Me.
- Wanda from Corner Gas seems to always be working at the gas station. But to be fair, her boss Brent lets her get away with quite a bit, so she probably enjoys practically living there if only Brent would leave her alone. The "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue says that she returned to college and got a PhD in theoretical physics... and then used it as leverage to negotiate a small salary raise out of Brent.
- Likewise, the town's only two police officers are rarely seen off-duty, although they don't do much to begin with. In fact, one episode had them decide to "work to rule" and only do the bare minimum amount of work required as a form of protest against their boss, the mayor. They quickly found out that said bare minimum is significantly more work than they are used to doing.
- Rob Schneider's character from the "makin' copies" sketches on Saturday Night Live turned this Up to Eleven by never seeming to even leave his desk.
- In the Garfield comics, Irma is always seen at the diner.
- Lampshaded in one strip where she dozes off while pouring coffee and says she's considering hiring an assistant.
- The guild owner in Recettear is lampshaded to spend almost all of his time in the guild office, citing problems at home with his overbearing wife being the reason why.
- Despite it being established that all the shopkeepers in Atelier Rorona have lives outside of their work, you will always find them at their respective stores 24/7 and they never close. The only exception is Tiffani closing her shop for one day due to getting a cold. Gets wonky when characters have events outside of their shops, making it possible for you to buy water from Tiffani's shop and then immediately go straight to Iksel's cafe afterwards to find that Tiffani is somehow already there and already incredibly drunk.
- Dora from Questionable Content may fit here, as she seems to always be at the coffee shop. She does have a slight excuse though, since she owns it.
- They mention that she works so much that she doesn't sleep all that much, and she has much less free time compared to the rest of the main cast. This might explain her occasional bad days.
- Apu Nahasapemapetalon and Moe Syslak on The Simpsons.
- Averted in Futurama; the guy who works at the 7/11 shop is always there when the protagonists are shopping, but he's seen outside of it occasionally (although he's hard to recognise without his suit of plexglass armour, as the DVD commentory points out).