"Practice on a hotdog first. Otherwise you might rip your dick off."
, Family Guy
, "Something Something Something Dark Side"
For some odd reason or another, a character receives a new hand(s), or is now capable of using their hands, etc. The instant implication is that the hands will then be used for masturbation, or are designed for this deed.
See also Man, I Feel Like a Woman
, another trope where a man's first instinct
on changing his body is to set up A Date with Rosie Palms
open/close all folders
- Discussed in Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey. A minor character loses his hand in a setting where good prosthetics exist, and another character tells him there's a period in the prosthetic acclimatization that he should take advantage of where you have enough control over the hand to masturbate, but it still doesn't feel like it's your hand doing it.
- There's a somewhat similar situation in one of the Doctor Who Eighth Doctor Adventures novels involving a war veteran who has an injury that causes his arm to constantly shake. A woman jokes about the "advantages", making the Doctor confused and everyone else uncomfortable and embarrassed.
- In one of the earliest episodes, Fry's hands get eaten by a T. rex. He's then taken to a "Handcrafters" store to get new hands. He says "I'll break them in tonight."
- In The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings, he switches hands with the robot devil. While the Robot Devil's hands immediately try to choke Fry, the robot devil complains that Fry's hands "keep touching me! In places!". Fry responds: "Yeah, they get around".
- In the second Family Guy Star Wars Special, Chris/Luke Skywalker gets a replacement hand. The doctor tells him "I'd practice on a hot dog first".
- In the third, Herbert/Obi-Wan suggests Chris test it out by pretending he's pulling a carrot out of the ground.
- The "practice on a hot dog" line was earlier said in The Venture Bros., in the true history of Billy's hand.
- Ben 10: Alien Force: One of Ben's alien enemies was trapped in a duplicate of Ben's body. Among his complaints: the hands, which had an alarming tendency to touch "places I suspect are inappropriate."
- Surprisingly inverted in an episode of American Dad!. Steve's hand is rendered numb, and the implication is that he would try to give himself a "stranger". However, he is robbed of the sexual experience of getting to second base, because he can't feel anything.
- In an episode of Code Monkeys, Jerry gets a replacement hand, a la Darth Vader. To make sure it works, Dave blindfolds Jerry, and then has him test it out on him.