A trilogy of Eberron
novels by Matt Forbeck. It follows a girl who bears the lost Mark of Death, and her adoptive father who is trying to rescue her from her own long-lost relative.
- Marked for Death (2005)
- The Road to Death (2006)
- The Queen of Death (2006)
Contains examples of:
- Action Girl: The female paladins.
- Big Bad: Vol.
- Badass: Kandler and Burch.
- Black Mage: Espre seems to have some sorcerous talent. The only spells she uses are violent and destructive (although those could easily just be from her mark).
- Paladin: The paladins. Duh.
- Person of Mass Destruction: We don't see its powers much, but anyone bearing the Mark of Death is assumed to be this.
- Power Tattoo: The titular Mark of Death, like all dragonmarks.