Literature: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls
Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls is a series of children's books by Meg Cabot about a 9-year-old fourth grader named Allie Finkle. Allie keeps a book of personal rules to live by in order to get through the tough situations life brings, as well as just personal pet peeves of hers ("Never eat anything red."). The first two books in the series focus on her settling into her new home and school after she's moved.
Provides Examples Of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Joey Fields to Allie.
- Alpha Bitch: Cheyenne. Missy may also count.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Kevin and Mark.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Missy.
- The Bully: Rosemary in the second book.
- Cute Kitten: Mewsie!
- Heel-Face Turn: Rosemary, who threatened to beat up Allie in the second book but eventually joined her group of friends.
- Five-Man Band:
- Girl Posse: Cheyenne, Marianne, and Dominique.
- Jerkass: Cheyenne.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rosemary.
- Manipulative Bitch: Cheyenne.
- Ordinary Elementary School Student
- Real Life Writes the Plot: When Allie is cast as an evil queen in the school play, she bases the character off Cheyenne and Missy so she can better portray her.
- Rich Bitch: Brittany.
- Spoiled Brat: Cheyenne and Brittany.
- Tomboy: Rosemary