Literature: A Drizzle Of Education
"Drizzle? What kind of a name is that? Were your parents drunk when they named you, or are they just really stupid?"Tired of taking care of Drizzle all the time, Drizzle's parents decide send her to a boarding school in Canada. There, Drizzle soon learns that making friends isn't quite so easy when everyone thinks you're a freak. Along the way she’ll have to put up with cruel pranks, not-so-nice roommates, and concerned adults, but what will happen when she and her two new friends stumble across a book full of magic spells?A Drizzle of Education is a NaNoWriMo novel written by imxplosion. Chapters of her story can be found on her LiveJournal account. The current word count is 50k+.
— Holly, A Drizzle Of Education
The tropes used are:
- Alpha Bitch: Holly is the Alpha Bitch in her Girl Posse.
- Boarding School: Drizzle's parents send her here because nobody really wants to look after her.
- Canada, Eh?: Where a majority of the story is set, eh?
- Food Fight: Megan starts one in the cafeteria when she accidentally spills her lunch on someone.
- Girl Posse: Holly, Megan, Hannah, and Kylie.
- Has Two Daddies: Drizzle has two daddies and a mommy. Only one of her dads is her biological father, though, and the other is simply referred to as her 'other daddy' in the story.
- Heel-Face Turn: Mrs. Norris does one when she finds out Lucian is gay, and that helping him with his evil plans won't lead him into her arms after all.
- It Runs in the Family: Drizzle and her family are far from ordinary.
- Kids Are Cruel: Holly and her friends are cruel to Drizzle. Dyeing her hair neon blue and making fun of her/her name/her family? Not cool, man.
- NaNoWriMo: What the story was written for.
- Noodle Incident: There is a chapter named after this trope where Drizzle explains the time her family screwed up spaghetti to her friends.
- Overly Long Name: Drizzle Quinn Von Nuke Mc Kitteh Dekker and Madeleine Abigail Rachel Yasmin Sabrina Ursula Ellis.
- Picked Last: Drizzle in gym class back at her old school.
- Polyamory : Drizzle's parents are in a polyamorous relationship, hence why she has two daddies and a mommy.
- Shout-Out: To Scott Westerfeld, Repo! The Genetic Opera, My Chemical Romance, Harry Potter, Supernatural and Zombie Blondes.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Holly's reaction to Drizzle's name.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Drizzle's hair gets dyed blue towards the end of the story.