- Rizzoli & Isles could also be titled, "How Can We Make Jane and Maura Look Like An Old Married Couple This Week?"
- The Les Yay on Rizzoli & Isles can be summed as this: On After Ellen, they review many shows that are popular in the lesbian community, but because they lack a lesbian or bisexual actress or female character, they only get a 1-page snap cap. While Rizzoli & Isles may lack said actresses and characters, it's the only show to fit the previously-mentioned description to get a full recap (three or more pages). The reasons being because it is insanely popular in the lesbian community and has, as the site puts it, "enough chemistry and subtext to fill a body bag."
- In the pilot episode Jane is sleeping over at Maura's house while the police search for the Surgeon and his apprentice. While Maura is at the door getting confidential information from an FBI agent, Jane watches, and then plops on the bed as Maura returns. We see Jane in baggy clothes on one side, and Maura in a dress on the other.
Jane: Is this a sleepover or are you trying to say you're attracted to me?
- If the "say you're attracted to me" line doesn't sink you, Jane's passionate, "Please - do this for me!" about ten minutes later most likely will.
- On the death of the brother of Maura's ex-boyfriend, Frost admires said ex-boyfriend's car.
Maura: Garrett always did like the finer things in life.
Jane: Yeah, he liked you.
- The entirety of the episode "I Kissed A Girl". There's even a scene with Maura in a skintight waitress outfit where she walks up to Jane - cue two second stare at cleavage. Maura and Jane discuss whether or not they'd be into each other if they were lesbians, if Jane was a lesbian would she be 'butch' and then Jane gets offended when Maura says she wouldn't be her type, then, of course, they accidentally fall asleep and wake up in the same bed.
- In a promo for one of the new season, it shows the two going through speed dating with all male candidates not exactly being up to their standards. At the end, they seem to have finally found the perfect date, saying how much they enjoyed being with the person behind the camera...Then we see that they are sitting opposite one another and enjoying themselves for the first time that night.
- The promo where Rizzoli has her arms around Maura. Calling themselves "LLBFF's"
- And let's not forget when in order to get Maura out of a relationship with the mechanic Giovanni They admit to being LLBFF's. (Life Long Best Friends Forever And how they are... more then friends...
- In this scene they pretend to be together again and Jane touches Maura's boobs. Notice how Maura snuggles up to Jane and Maura looks kind of disappointed when Jane tells her to "Get off me".
Maura: He's just like you!
Jane: But you don't want to sleep with me.
Jane: Do you?
- Jane and Maura have switched clothes:
Maura: Yeah, and your suit is a real booty call magnet. I got hit on twice. By women.
- And of course, The Declaration:
Maura: Look, I like Tommy. A lot. But I love you. And I hate it when you hate me.
- This little exchange:
Jane: Maura and I aren't a couple, Ma."
Jane's Mom: ["You're kidding me, right?" face]
- In "Remember Me" Maura acts quite upset and lets out a Big "NO!" when Hoyt threatens to kill Jane and when Hoyt goes over to taze Maura Jane gets pissed despite being in a life-threatening situation and screams out "HOYT DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" She then breaks free of her binds and attacks/kills Hoyt, furious that he tried to kill Maura.
- The number of times they've seen each other naked:
- Changing into her uniform
- Switching clothes
- "Well I hate it more when you undress and drive!"
- Having to undress in front of each other.
- They spend all of two episodes being mad at each other before becoming close friends again with Jane acting very upset upon seeing that Maura hurt her leg and doing her best to help her, as well as accidentally touching her butt when pushing her up a hill, saying that she will never leave Maura and finally both making up by hugging and saying "I missed you."
- Jane is speculating about donating a kidney and says that while her brothers would need to be really nice to her, it's Maura's for the taking.
- After Patrick Doyle, Maura's biological grandfather, tears into Maura for signing him out of prison for parole, Jane angrily tells Maura to "Throw it back". Patrick agrees, saying, "Listen to your girlfriend."
- The look on Maura's face when she sees Jane's engagement ring.
- And the fact that she starts crying at the end of the scene. And they are not happy tears.
- When they go to Jane's high school reunion, Jane writes them both name tags, and slaps Maura's right on her boobs. No wonder several of her old classmates assume they're more than just friends.