Heartwarming / The Jungle Book
The original books
- After the pack casts him out, Mowgli's wolf family assure him that they will always love him.
- Crossing over with Tear Jerker, Mowgli's leaving the Jungle in The Spring Running also counts, with each of the characters saying their goodbyes, and reassuring Mowgli the decision to leave is his own and they are not casting him out.
"With just the bare necessities of life!"
The 1967 animated film
- Baloo and Bagheera walking off into the sunset, singing "The Bare Necessities" together.
- A meta example. This was the last animated film Walt Disney worked on. The ending with Mowgli being drawn into the village by the singing girl was his idea, and he had to fight tooth and nail to convince Ollie Johnston that it was the right ending. Afterwards, Hazel George (Disney's personal nurse) went up to him in tears, saying that it was perfect.
- The love and care that many of the jungle animals give to defenseless Mowgli is adorable.
- The group of vultures attempting to cheer up a saddened Mowgli with a barbershop quartet style number, and succeeding.
- Baloo turns out to be all right. Naturally, Mowgli is so happy to reunite with his friend, especially for holding off Sher Khan earlier.
The 1994 live-action film
- Young Mowgli and Kitty fall in love, and are reunited later in life against all odds.
- The montage of Kitty and Dr. Plumford teaching Mowgli how to interact with society again. It beautifully evolves from a pet project into a friendship with him.
- Baloo survives being shot in the end. It's a wonderful reveal with Dr. Plumford remarking that he was a "very good patient."