- One of the few true highlights of "The Giver" would have to be the bond between Jonas and his little sister Lily. It's probably the closest any of the characters in the book get to a real familial-like relationship.
- Jonas's relationship to Gabriel, with how determined he is to keep Gabe safe, is pretty sweet too.
- Jonas and the Giver's relationship; just keep in mind that the Giver is the first person to ever tell Jonas that he ''loves'' him.
- Jonas receiving memories of various world cultures, reflecting societies and genuinely happy moments before the Community, especially in the film adaptation. At least up until the memory of elephant hunters and especially the one of the Vietnam War.
- At the end, when Jonas steals Gabriel, saving him from being released
"There could be love."