Heartwarming / The Flash
- The fact that the "lightning rods" for all of The Flashes (their "tethers", the thoughts and memories that keep them from losing themselves in the Speed Force) are their friends and family.
- One for all heroes, but the fact that the Flash line have a museum dedicated to them is something nice. It really shows the impact of their legacy on the world around them, and that the people care about their actions.
- In The Flash Crossfire: Goldface, a former villain, shows up as a Union man. He claims to stick up for the fellow man, but despite his super powers, he bails on Wally, when the current Rogues begin beating him. Blacksmith then reveals her army of Henchmen and claims they will take the city. They are then stopped when Goldface comes back, leading all of the workers and citizens of the town against the villains. When Blacksmith runs to central (where more henchmen are located), Goldface reveals that the white collar businessmen have taken up arms as well and standing up.
- Seeing her plans failed, and cornered on the bridge between cities, Blacksmith tries to make the bridge collapse, only to be stopped by Wally who reads up on bridge building, and repairs (and improves) the bridge all under a minute. The bridge now represents the union of the two cities, together in the face of danger.
Flash: You did good Goldface.
Goldface: We both did.
- Wally West finally earning his So Proud of You from Barry.
Barry: And I want you to know, son, just how proud I am.
- A lot of Wally and Linda's relationship involves moments like this, as generally, his most impressive feats are only possible because of the love they have. The lightning rod idea noted above first became a thing with these two, and pretty much the key aspect to defeating their biggest foes has been because they're able to overcome any obstacle so long as they're together. Beating Thawne and surpassing Barry's maximum speed? Overcoming the pull of the Speed Force? Getting back to the present after being lost in time fighting Savitar?
Overpowering Neron's corruption of the Rogues and his centuries of evil deeds? Outracing death itself when the Black Flash comes for him? Overcoming Kadava's spell to erase Linda from everyone's memories, and return Wally to existence after he ran Cobalt Blue into the Speed Force? Every single one, its because they loved each other too much to lose.
- In DC Rebirth,Barry and Wally, as in Pre-Flashpoint Wally, reunite. Cue Tears of Joy.
- In Titans Rebirth Annual (2016), Barry and Wally reunite after being mysteriously abducted and brought to a compound along with the other mentor/protégés pairs and immediately trust and act friendly towards each other. This is in direct contrast to the other mentors and protégés who upon reuniting with each other act antagonistic or distant.
- In Issue 19 of DC Rebirth The Flash, Wally II learns that his father was killed and thus robbed of the chance to ask him why he lied about being his uncle. This results in him breaking down and wondering what's wrong with him in which Barry reveals his secret identity (something that Wally has been pestering Barry about for awhile) and assures him that nothing is wrong with him.
Kid Flash: Before he was sent to prison...Daniel was around. He'd visit, and we'd hang out. I...I idolized him. So why didn't he just tell me?
Flash: Kid Flash...
Kid Flash: Why didn't he...Why didn't he want to be my father? Was there something wrong with me?
Flash: Wally, look at me. (pulls down cowl) There is nothing wrong with you.