There are those who listen, and those who wait to talk. This album is dedicated to the listeners.Paul Williams's songs are basically a master class in Heartwarming Moments.
— Back cover, Just an Old Fashioned Love Song
- "Rainbow Connection", the embodiment of Follow Your Heart. An all-encompassing anthem for multiculturalism, LGBT rights, charitable foundations... you name it. It's just so overwhelmingly positive that one can't help but feel better when they hear it.
- He's said that the former and "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" are two of the best songs he's ever written, and he's performed them with the Muppets on several occasions.
- How many weddings (or graduation ceremonies) have been accompanied by the undying "We've Only Just Begun" over the decades?
- "Back to Love Again", Paul's autobiographical song about how love saved his life. Also his first song in almost twenty years.
You found me with the brokenhearted / You promised we would finish what our kiss had started / You took me in your arms / built my heart a nest / and loved me back to life / you brought me back to love again
- "When my music meets your science, they're the biggest of the giants..."